Riding on sheet ice

Would you dig out the lid for riding on compacted ice/snow ?

• Yes

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Don't posess one

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
This is Britain not Alaska the freezing weather only lasts a week or so usually. Personally I dont risk it anymore.Seen too many people with broken bones,some heal ok others cause all kinds of complications.

My other worry this weather is dick head motorists who only scrape a 6 inch square of windscreen then drive along peering through this until the demisters clear it.

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

I wouldn't bother with a lid to ride on sheet ice.

I'd just stick a spike tyre on the back of Regina and have fun! :biggrin:

Regina is a unicycle ?

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

[QUOTE 2268671, member: 45"]That's because you're a rubbish motorcycler.[/quote]

That would be 'biker' to you

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

[QUOTE 2268707, member: 45"]That's an admission then.[/quote]

Next track day, you can follow me around. If you can keep up, then you will have satisfaction....

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

[QUOTE 2268846, member: 45"]I don't need to prove that you're a rubbish bikerist. I'm more than satisfied.[/quote]

Do stop trolling MrP.

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

Always fancied a go on a recumbent, I see all the advantages, but not so keen on being so low to the ground, and they don't do so much for street cred, I do however like the idea of an enclosed one though

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
[Dying] From breaking a hip ?

Medscape.com said:
Fractures of the hip are relatively common in adults and often lead to devastating consequences. Disability frequently results from persistent pain and limited physical mobility. Hip fractures are associated with substantial morbidity and mortality; approximately 15-20% of patients die within 1 year of fracture. Interestingly, morbidity and mortality in those older than 90 years sustaining a hip fracture were not found to be statistically higher than others in the same age group without such an injury.
Link.

I've seen what buggered hips can do to a person. My dad was crippled by arthritic hips by the time he was my age. He struggled on for another 25 years and eventually died from complications relating to falls that he had due to his legs giving way under him.

I wouldn't consider a broken hip a routine matter - it is a very serious problem which may result in death, disability or chronic pain, and at the very least requires major surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom