Riding Whilst Drunk?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The Yanks did indeed buy the London Bridge, and here it is where it now lives, in Arizona. Word is, they thought they were buying that cute lil ol' bridge with the middle that goes up & down, and were a bit disappointed when they took off the wrapping paper...

notsolazy

NutSack said:
No idea of the details if I'm honest, but I find the idea of someone buying a whole bridge only to find its not the one they thought it was quite amusing, I mean its not a car or a something small its a huge great landmark :biggrin:

I was right. 2.5bn dollars as they thought they were buying London bridge. They didn't know what we call London bridge is actually tower bridge.

Darn - I was beat to it an swee'pea even gave you a link as well

smavter

In the end, you might not be operating a two ton weapon, but the fact is that you might hit a cyclist and kill them because he/she was drunk, and eventhough it wasnt your fault, it will have a lasting effect on the car driver (that obeyed all rules all time time) forever, it doesnt matter whos right, a cyclist can hurt themselves or a pedestrian, but when a car hits a cyclist he or she will be seriously hurt.

JamesJeffery

Sounds like a good idea when your going for a night out in the town. Just make sure you lock the bike up in a safe place because I've seen drunken people kick the wheels on locked up bikes until they bend.

But, on the opposite hand would it have a negative effect on your health if you was to cycle when drunk? Alcohol raises the blood pressure and heart rate, so cycling would just elevate it more right?

exchangeandmart

A friend of mine got into trouble with the police because he was wheeling his bike home when he was really drunk and they said that he was intending to ride home, can't remember if he got charged for it though.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
exchangeandmart said:
A friend of mine got into trouble with the police because he was wheeling his bike home when he was really drunk and they said that he was intending to ride home, can't remember if he got charged for it though.

Problem with that is you can get into trouble full stop for being drunk.

JamesJeffery

exchangeandmart said:

Did they have any reason to suspect her was intending to ride it?

Usually they would have to have a reason to think he was going to ride the bike. They can't just charge you because you're pushing a bike drunk. If your disruptive, they can charge you with D&D.

It just goes to show how useful police are. They go around stopping random people pushing bikes. Surely there are real criminals they could pick up. Why don't they stop gangs of youths? Or youths that look suspisious? Instead of someone pushing a bike.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Jane Smart said:
I can't even play my piano when I have had a drink, let alone ride my bike :laugh:
I can't play the piano sober.

I am ashamed to say that I once took my bike out on a night out and woke up the next day without any recollection of how i got home.

I got home on my bike. It scares me when I think of the risk I took with my life. From now on I will not take my bike out if I'm planning on having a heavy night drinking.

Luckily it was only a 5min ride.

Trumpettom001

Hmmm I might get a couple frowns from you guys - but I regularly ride home after an average of anything from 2 pints to 6 pints.... luckily for me, my local pub can be seen across the street from my bedroom window. I still ride there though......

yenrod

> Riding Whilst Drunk?

I recall not long after id got inot cycling, very basically, and was on the way home (after a few) and the corner i took on the bikewas THE best ever - ive ever taken...it was a situation of being on the edge yet being out of control...

Totally kicked arse man !

Hail to the piss-juice !

1.gif

Riding whilst drunk is probably a bad idea but riding inebriated I don't have a problem with.

Ever ridden whilst tired/with a bad cold/distracted, same thing, no difference. Driving a car when you are very tired is probably worse than having had a few units.

Top Bottom