Riding with no hands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Couldn't do it when I was a kid, can't do it now.

At least I can kid myself that *that's* the reason I'm not riding as a top professional in the Pro-Tour.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Was reminded the other day just how much it depends on frame geometry/bike setup. My commuter bike has a horizontal top tube and steers like a barge, and it is no trouble to guide it down London's potholed roads without hands - even when it has 3kg hanging off one side in a pannier (my other pannier bag has a broken clip). Conversely, I was on the Giant TCR on Saturday morning trying to zip my jacket up and it was all I could do to keep it in the lane

Woz!

Another fun/very dangerous/pointless thing to do is grab the crossbar with both hands. I've had the urge to do it a few times (and have followed through!).
You feel for all the world like you should be able to steer/balance in that position. You can't!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Woz! said:
Another fun/very dangerous/pointless thing to do is grab the crossbar with both hands. I've had the urge to do it a few times (and have followed through!).
You feel for all the world like you should be able to steer/balance in that position. You can't!

Can do.:eek:
I do have too much spare time:sad:
I can also track stand no handed, no handed with one foot on the front wheel, can do so much of a backwards circle no handed(can backwards circle with hands though)

Top Bottom