"riding without due care and attention"

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by downfader, 24 Apr 2010.

1. downfader

downfader extimus uero philosophus

Just got trolled this on youtube. :smile: As far as I'm aware there is no such charge in UK law of "riding without due care and attention". :biggrin:

God trolls are thick. I went to his channel page and see his comments log is still up, and that he's made abusive comments about kiddies. Nice man, really nice. Must be a credit to your mother. :laugh:

2. magnatom

magnatom Guest

There are plenty of internet lawyers out there. I had one the other day. I suggested that he was in fact an unemployed internet lawyer as he was so bad. He got really agressive and annoyed that I was suggesting that he was unemployed etc.

Whoosh! :laugh:

3. OP
    OP
    downfader

I get the same thing at work tbh. Someone comes out with "its illegal to use a camera in a public place" a while back. I replied "what about tourists then?" They shut up after that.

Angry Aussie did a good vlog on internet lawyers. Wont be able to find it though, haha, as he's got like 900 other videos up.

4. gaz

gaz Cycle Camera TV

I haven't had many of these lawyers on my channel/videos, but can't wait to make a witty response :laugh:

5. Theseus

Theseus .

RTA 1988 Section 29

6. OP
    OP
    downfader

Close, but no cigar!:ohmy: Same as the 'Furious charge. The troll was VERY specific. :biggrin:

7. OP
    OP
    downfader

Stop trying to twist what I wrote, Lee. It wont work on me. :ohmy:

8. Theseus

Theseus .

So, what precisely is the difference between "riding without due care and attention" in your OP and the law that covers "cycle on a road without due care and attention"

9. OP
    OP
    downfader

The name of the charge, or is that unclear?

10. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

Enough of the cyclists' guilt. I know it's not fashionable to point it out but cars and bicycles really, really aren't the same thing. Some things there are sort of equivalents for, some things not. Live with it.

As for numbers, don't talk nonsense on that either.

11. OP
    OP
    downfader

Touche posted the charge along with the criteria, the criteria is not the name of the charge. As it stood the troll said and I quote:

12. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Obviously not simple as 8*5 isn't in the 2* table and doesn't equal 16. As a physicist I feel fairly qualified to conform this. :ohmy:

13. magnatom

magnatom Guest

To be fair downfader, he does say charged for, not charged with. Had he said with, then you would have been right, however, as he said for, and it is actually part of the description of the charge, then he is probably right.

Sorry! :ohmy:

14. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Eh? There are 10 sums, one of which is incorrect.

15. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Go on then, enlighten me about your sums. How am I wrong?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice