Ridley Eos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Cheers...not sure I need MORE options...and they are in Rotherham

Just had a look at a Wilier http://road.cc/conte...estina-lavaredo Looks nice, I don't plan to add mudguards or rack but would be nice to have the option. Didn't feel light either, but came in around 9.6kg

Cripes, this is tough! :wacko:

What are you other roadie women riding out there?

aberal

Guru
Three good looking bikes, the Ridley, Bianchi and Wilier. Personally of the three I'd go for the Ridley if it were on looks alone. But honestly, if you can narrow it down to around three and go and ride them, I'm sure you'd know which one you prefer in an instant. You can always tell which one is meant for you. They choose you in the end.
rolleyes.gif

I'd hate to be with you when you are buying shoes though....
biggrin.gif

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I am not a shoe person, being tall I have big feet, so no choice lol :biggrin:

Cheers. I kind of like understated branding, the Ridley is covered in the name (not as OTT as Trek though!)

Think I am maybe being somewhat pernickety but it's a chunk of cash! At least I have scrubbed about 6 brands off the list lol

You should have said that you were a girl!

Girls are made a bit different from boys (if I recollect correctly) - specifically you tend to have long legs and relative shorter upper body so ideally you need to be looking at a girlie specific frame which will have a shorter top tube.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I am pretty sure I did very early on, no?

Everyone is very scathing about women's bikes, including some of the women on here! :whistle:

Being big (nearly 5'10), I a) don't need a women's bike and b) I am too big for them! Just need to get some aspects of a men's bike adapted, saddle especially (the one woman specific thing that is required), get reach fixed with shorter frame as I do have smaller hands than a comparably built man and perhaps compact bars being narrower of shoulder. I am quite long limbed but not short bodied either!

Having popped into Corridori, I think the red Bianchi via Nirone is for me, assuming it feels right as it just looks lovely and I think I am erring on the side of Tiagra than Campag. Weirdly, having seen the white/celeste again, I was less enamoured, red better. Will ask them to source a 55cm and a 57m and they'll do a proper fit. I sat on a 55cm, felt ok, maybe a little small, I am a bit inbetweeny size wise I think.

http://www.epic-cycles.co.uk/images/Bianchi-VN7-Tiag11-1000.jpg :wub:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
I'm quite a bit shorter than you, but still ride non-women specific bikes, and like you, didn't really want a USA or even big name bike. Let's be honest, it's nice to have something that's not common ;)

My road bike is a Kona Haole (now sadly discontinued) which probably fits me the best.

I also have a Pearson Audax (the steel version). Went to Pearsons to ask about an upgrade for my tourer's wheels and Guy sold me a whole new bike...

Had I not plumped for the Kona, a Bianchi would have been top of the list.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't know of any shops locally that stock Focus...are they pretty? :whistle:

GB Cycles aren't far away but not open on Sunday unfortnunately or I would have gone for a butchers

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Cheers...sorry no black bikes :tongue: and no online only...
I am being fussy but want to buy from a shop that will fit the bike properly to me and make any necessary changes before I ride it...even if this costs a few quid more. This is my first road bike and having a bad knee, I cannot afford to make any errors, especially when spending a grand :smile:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
What about something from Condor Cycles?

It says the Italia 2011 frameset is: Also available in relaxed geometry (RL), popular amongst female riders and those wanting a shorter reach.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Cheers. I may be missing something but it's a grand for just frame and Tiagra groupset?

I went to Condor last Sunday, but again not open

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Bugger, yes, sorry, in my mind I was convinced you could probably get a complete build for about £1100. Their groupsets seem hideously expensive.

The Via Nirone looks good in red!

aberal

Guru
Will ask them to source a 55cm and a 57m and they'll do a proper fit. I sat on a 55cm, felt ok, maybe a little small, I am a bit inbetweeny size wise I think.

If you are an in betweeny size - go for a slightly too small rather than slightly too big. If you have any comfort issues at all, they likely can't be fixed on a frame that's too big.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks for the advice. I think that seems wise, will see what the bike fit says.

Sitting on the 55cm, chappie didn't think it looked silly small but suggested I try the 57cm. Hopefully they can get both in, Bianchi don't have the best supply (I believe Evans snaffle lots of stock :rolleyes: )

Going to check out a few more shops today and confuse myself further :wacko:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Seen this on eBay, might be worth a punt....full carbon, made in Italy, your size (and mine), decent spec..... Viner Magnifica. Beautifully balanced handling, very comfortable, quality make and rare. I must confess to a touch of bias, here's mine....
4892060872_b7265a302a_b.jpg

Top Bottom