Right, I'm off...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I'm back and I'm a new squeaky clean Rocky (well perhaps still slightly soiled)

(I came back a year or so as Brompton Bruce before changing to Rocky a month or so ago)

How's Devon and the new job?..... better than college life, I bet

Utterly splendid. I outgrew the college.
I am now a one man band, with bin lids between me knees or something.

More comebacks than Frank Sinatra.

stephec

Legendary Member
Too far, 230 miles which is South for you! Sarf of the Humber anyhows....
A burger factory with a big Tesco just down the road?

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Well in the morning anyhow, I'm leaving for 'Up North' for a few days to work in the lab at one of our factories, proper work (no procrastinating all day on here :whistle:). I have my 'essential workers' letter, booked a Travelodge (after checking-out the CV19 rools), packed a book (David Millar), 2 Jazz Mags, a titanium Spork for lonely take-away eating in my room and will probably pick-up a bottle of Cutty Sark to keep me company in my splendid isolation....
I can't remember when I've enjoyed packing a suitcase so much! Wimpers is most put-out at my sudden happiness.

Head out on the highway, Dacia thunder!
Born to be mild....:becool:

Travelodge? Travelodge? Is your usual opulent surrounds reserved for travelling overseas as some compensation?

You'd better make the most of those expenses. :whistle:

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Missing you already. You didn’t mention the travel and accommodation arrangements for your personal Michelin starred chef . I’m puzzled why you bothered to take an ornament from home , the model of a Tea clipper in a bottle.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
A burger factory with a big Tesco just down the road?
Nope.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Has he gone yet?
Guys.
I’m not going, which is somewhat disappointing in more ways than one.

About 1800 my Doctor unexpectedly called. He’d just recieved a chest X-ray that was taken in November which showed an unexplained ‘nodule’ on my left lung requiring further investigation :-/.
When taken I was told it was fine, quite why or how it’s just got to my GP neither of us know. Something of a shocker.
As a result, I can’t risk catching anything while waiting for a CT scan. They’ve called-me in for bloods in the morning.
Am a bit discombobulated, one minute chipper and looking forward to a change of scene, now grounded.
Hoping it’s an abberation and not big C.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Well in the morning anyhow, I'm leaving for 'Up North' for a few days to work in the lab at one of our factories, proper work (no procrastinating all day on here :whistle:). I have my 'essential workers' letter, booked a Travelodge (after checking-out the CV19 rools), packed a book (David Millar), 2 Jazz Mags, a titanium Spork for lonely take-away eating in my room and will probably pick-up a bottle of Cutty Sark to keep me company in my splendid isolation....
I can't remember when I've enjoyed packing a suitcase so much! Wimpers is most put-out at my sudden happiness.

Head out on the highway, Dacia thunder!
Born to be mild....:becool:
Sorry, was that 2 jazz or jizz mags? :smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Guys.
I’m not going, which is somewhat disappointing in more ways than one.

About 1800 my Doctor unexpectedly called. He’d just recieved a chest X-ray that was taken in November which showed an unexplained ‘nodule’ on my left lung requiring further investigation :-/.
When taken I was told it was fine, quite why or how it’s just got to my GP neither of us know. Something of a shocker.
As a result, I can’t risk catching anything while waiting for a CT scan. They’ve called-me in for bloods in the morning.
Am a bit discombobulated, one minute chipper and looking forward to a change of scene, now grounded.
Hoping it’s an abberation and not big C.
oh dear, take care FF

Top Bottom