Right, that's it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I want you lot to stop talking about Bromptons, right NOW.

You have no idea how you are inflating the price on e bay. A couple of weeks ago you could get a 6 speed Brommie for 500 and a bit quid. Now it is 6 -7-800 quid plus. You would have thought everyone was Bromptoned out by now.

Has anyone ever bought a bike from Welovebromptons?

I know they have half a dozen bad reviews on e bay but they have also had a lot of good ones. Has anyone on here actually had dealings with them? I prefer to hear fact rather than rumour control.

DEFENDER01

Über Member
I want you lot to stop talking about Bromptons, right NOW.

You have no idea how you are inflating the price on e bay. A couple of weeks ago you could get a 6 speed Brommie for 500 and a bit quid. Now it is 6 -7-800 quid plus. You would have thought everyone was Bromptoned out by now.

Has anyone ever bought a bike from Welovebromptons?

I know they have half a dozen bad reviews on e bay but they have also had a lot of good ones. Has anyone on here actually had dealings with them? I prefer to hear fact rather than rumour control.
If people are prepared to pay that sort of money thats what they will do.
Its the same with everything they will charge the maximum or what people are prepared to pay.;)

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It's quite interesting to watch. I know now that if I want a 6 gear Brommie I have to bid at least £620 to have any chance at all. £750 will win most auctions. If I bid with Welovebromptons, they will ship it to Denmark for free and so that gives me an extra £100 to play with.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
It's the weather. Prices go up in May and fall in October.

As for welovebromptons, I wouldn't touch them with a very long bargepole, far less give them any money.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It's the weather. Prices go up in May and fall in October.

As for welovebromptons, I wouldn't touch them with a very long bargepole, far less give them any money.

But why? Have you dealt with them or do you know someone, who knows someone, who has dealt with them. I was looking for something factual. Rather than innuendo and rumour.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
They claim to be a company, but aren't registered. They have no contact details on the site beyond a mobile number and email address. They have in the past claimed to be endorsed by Brompton, but aren't. And at least one Brompton bought from them turned out to be stolen.

Kempston

Until a sufficient amount of the people looking to buy folding bikes are prepared to research the alternatives and not simply pay over the odds for a trendy brand name, they will always be overpriced. Personally, I think the cost of Bromptons either new or used are ludicrous, but as long as people are prepared to pay for them nothing will change.

Top Bottom