Right, This fat tax........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
...........Let's get it sorted ............Anyone got David Cameron's email ? I've got a GREAT Idea
icon_smile.gif

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
huh.gif

ASC1951

Guru
...........Let's get it sorted ...........
It's a conundrum. How can we stop people eating themselves into an early clutcher, when advertisers spend zillions trying to make sure that we do? I'm sure that in principle most of us feel that we should be free to live as we choose, provided that we don't harm other people; but the terminally lardy do affect others, if only by hoovering up NHS time and money.

Take seat belts. Going through your windscreen is more immediate than a clutcher, which presumably is why most of us accept regulation there, but it's the same argument.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I quite like the fat tax idea, as at the moment it is too easy to buy cheap fast food rather than healthy food which is more expensive. Anything that makes people eat more healthy is good by me.

I know it is the nanny state, I know it is unfair to thin people who like eating fatty foods and I know it will penalise the less well off, this is the down side of the arguement.

BUT (and this is the contentious bit), it is the less well off that are the most unhealthy. Statistically they smoke more and are more overweight.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I quite like the fat tax idea, as at the moment it is too easy to buy cheap fast food rather than healthy food which is more expensive. Anything that makes people eat more healthy is good by me.

I know it is the nanny state, I know it is unfair to thin people who like eating fatty foods and I know it will penalise the less well off, this is the down side of the arguement.

BUT (and this is the contentious bit), it is the less well off that are the most unhealthy. Statistically they smoke more and are more overweight.

Healthy food certainly does not have to be more expensive. If we all put more fruit and vegetables and less high fat/salt/sugar laden processed foods in our shopping trolleys we probably wouldnt notice the difference at the check ot. The main problem lies with people not having "enough time" to cook, which is quite frankly rubbish. A health nutricious meal can be prepared in under half an hour

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Healthy food certainly does not have to be more expensive. If we all put more fruit and vegetables and less high fat/salt/sugar laden processed foods in our shopping trolleys we probably wouldnt notice the difference at the check ot. The main problem lies with people not having "enough time" to cook, which is quite frankly rubbish. A health nutricious meal can be prepared in under half an hour

I agree, but with £3 in your pocket most people will go to the take away, not the green grocers. If the cost of a take away was £5 some people would think twice maybe.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I agree, but with £3 in your pocket most people will go to the take away, not the green grocers. If the cost of a take away was £5 some people would think twice maybe.

back in the day when i lived on the bread line and i had £3 in my pocket the take away was the last place I'd go.

£3 spent in the green grocers will make a vege strew which would feed several people for several days... as opposed to one person once at a fast food joint.

Why are people so ready and eager to have a go at people with weight problems... surely a 'gross government misspending tax' would be a better rant.

Top Bottom