Right you have £150 per week budget

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

For eating out. Those with kids for this purpose don't so no baby sitting problems etc.... just you and your partner.

Would you rather eat out 4 times a week in a cheapish type place like a Pizza Express/Brewers Fayre/Pizza Hut/Wetherspoons/Wagamama

Or

Wait till the weekend and only go out once to a really nice place and have a slap up meal?

U

User482

Slap up meal, no question. I can whip up a quick meal that will be cheaper, healthier and tastier than the rubbish they dole out at Wetherspoons, so I've never seen the point in going there.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

I know! Why the change?

It's just not you at all

Aperitif said:
Change that avatar Crock -it's just not 'you' :ohmy:

I'll go with Ranso's slant on this one - plate of chips or so + a few bottles of good grog.

col

Legendary Member
I would split it into three nice nights a week at fifty quid a night,there are a few places we like that fifty would cover a very nice night eating out.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I think I'd rather eat out once a week than lots of times. Too many meals out and I get home-cooked (and home lounging about) longing.

Although I might be tempted to takeaway more often if I had the cash.

Think I'd be hard pressed to spend that much though.

Twiggy

ok, right, take two thirds of it, and save it.

You can now take a romantic trip once a month. You now have £50 to spend on nice meals out a week, I'd suggest one really nice one, maybe with a movie attached...

But I've got to say, that sounds like a lot of money to just use on treats, having savings is not a bad thing..

That or give me the £150 a week, and I'll sort you out a nice romantic meal for two seven days a week.
You'd be helping to cut unemployment to boot!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
One really nice meal, anytime over places that all have the same unhealthy menu.

U

User482

summerdays said:
One really nice meal, anytime over places that all have the same unhealthy menu.

I see that Casamia in Westbury On Trim has just been awarded a Michelin star. I think I know where my £150 is going!

jay clock

Massive member
cheapish type place like a Pizza Express/Brewers Fayre/Pizza Hut/Wetherspoons/Wagamama
I don;t want to be picky, but Brewers Fayre and Pizza Hut are utter shiite, and Pizza Express and Wagamama are pretty darned nice

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
User482 said:
I see that Casamia in Westbury On Trim has just been awarded a Michelin star. I think I know where my £150 is going!

How exactly do I get hold of the £150... so I can go and try it out (doesn't look like the sort of place I want to take the kids to - much better to enjoy it in peace and quiet with friends:smile:).

U

User482

summerdays said:
How exactly do I get hold of the £150... so I can go and try it out (doesn't look like the sort of place I want to take the kids to - much better to enjoy it in peace and quiet with friends:smile:).

£100 should do it but I take your point. Still, by only eating out occasionally, we can afford to splash out. We don't have kids though!

So far this week, on the chez User482 menu:

Sunday: liver & bacon
Monday: spag bol
Tuesday: Japanese style salmon
Wednesday: fried pollock & Bombay potatoes
Tonight: moules mariniere & home-made French bread

The ingredients cost me a fraction of going to a bad chain pub, and if I say so myself, tastes far better.

Top Bottom