Is it right/acceptable to let your dog crap on someones lawn ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
This morning a woman was walking her dog on a lead. She deliberately allowed it to crap on a neighbours front lawn (not fenced).
She stood there, complete with poo bag and gloves and 'cleared up'.
However the couple living there have 2 children that, come spring will play on that grass.
I have never owned a dog and have no idea what is acceptable but I think it's disgusting.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
no

Short answer: no!

If our mutt started to do his "I need a poo dance" I'd have him off that lawn and back onto the path sharpish. In fact, come to think of it he wouldn't be on the grass in the first place if it was someone's front garden. Not half an hour ago he was about to mooch into a front garden as we approached the end of a walk (he's on the lead for the start and end - this was at the end) and I had him straight back out.

The grassy verge beyond someone's boundary and the footpath is fair game though.

johnnyb47

Guru
Definitely not acceptable.I got into a huge row years ago with a neighbour who's dog kept coming over to my garden and leaving its turds all over it..I ended up bagging it all up (a weeks worth) and took it round to his house and dumped it on the bonnet of his car.
I asked him numerous times to keep his dog under control but he just ignored me until I finally lost my rag.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Definitely not acceptable.I got into a huge row years ago with a neighbour who's dog kept coming over to my garden and leaving its turds all over it..I ended up bagging it all up (a weeks worth) and took it round to his house and dumped it on the bonnet of his car.
I asked him numerous times to keep his dog under control but he just ignored me until I finally lost my rag.

We had a neighbour that did something similar. Scooped it up on a shovel, walked to the culprits house, rang the bell and when the door opened said "here, this is yours" and dumped it on their path.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
No, and it should be common sense whether or not a dog owner. Disease is the obvious issue, quite apart from discourtesy.
How would the dog owner react if the householder or his/her children decided to take a dump on the dog owner's lawn?

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Absolutely not. There is a sizeable proportion of owners who would try to justify it though.
In a similar vein I work at an arboretum and the number of people who think it is acceptable to leave bagged waste inside the guards around the trees or just thrown into longer areas is beyond belief. We have a couple of veteran oaks, about 500 years old, which are now hollow in the middle and people put bags in there! There's a bin a at the entrance. And don't get me onto those who don't even bag it.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Did you read all of my post ?
I clearly said that having never owned a dog I don't know what his considered acceptable to dog owners.

It’s not so much what is acceptable to dog owners. It’s what is acceptable to the rest of us. In the 1970s it was acceptable to drink drive and let dogs poo everywhere.

Top Bottom