Ring doorbells

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
They do. The free subscription service keeps videos for 30 days (in the cloud). Paid extends that to 180 days.

The free subscription doesn't offer recording at all... like I said. You need basic ("Without Protect, you won't be able to review any past videos or missed events."), which is the package which has recently increased in price. And I've already gone over the security differences over the two devices and the advantages of NOT using cloud based saving.

icowden

Veteran
The free subscription doesn't offer recording at all... like I said. You need basic ("Without Protect, you won't be able to review any past videos or missed events."), which is the package which has recently increased in price.
Fair enough - I misread the bit that says the default is to keep vids for 30 days.
And I've already gone over the security differences over the two devices and the advantages of NOT using cloud based saving.
I don't think NOT using cloud based saving is an advantage. Personally I view it as a huge disadvantage.
For example - if someone nicks your doorbell.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I don't think NOT using cloud based saving is an advantage. Personally I view it as a huge disadvantage.
For example - if someone nicks your doorbell.

Then it will be stored on your SD card on the "chiming" device inside your house.... Mentioned on post #36

Top Bottom