RIP Amy Winehouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm guessing that the predisposition to become an addict may be similar to the inevitably of someone putting an ignorant viewpoint ad nausea without spotting the irony.

Well said. Maybe the homeless choose to be homeless, the unemployed choose not to work!!!

So you really believe that no one is unemployed by choice? I suppose it's part of the denial process, after all your body made you do it, you are actually faultless, or it was the person who sold you booze, or those people who made it, or the evil booze itself. I'm glad you were able to overcome your addiction but find it strange that you accept very little responsibility for it, I know a number of addicts who are no longer using but all of them accept full responsibility, they used to use the excuses you use when they were using.

hmmmm
huh.gif

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
So you really believe that no one is unemployed by choice? I suppose it's part of the denial process, after all your body made you do it, you are actually faultless, or it was the person who sold you booze, or those people who made it, or the evil booze itself. I'm glad you were able to overcome your addiction but find it strange that you accept very little responsibility for it, I know a number of addicts who are no longer using but all of them accept full responsibility, they used to use the excuses you use when they were using.

hmmmm
huh.gif
I guess having your head up your arse would make you blind.
RIP Amy!

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
1475611 said:
If you read back, you could see that Anglefishsolo takes responsibility for his life but learned enough in the process to know that others are going to be slightly less fortunate than he was.
Thank you :smile:

1475611 said:
If you read back, you could see that Anglefishsolo takes responsibility for his life but learned enough in the process to know that others are going to be slightly less fortunate than he was.

That is not how it reads to me.

Wow you are a lucky person to know your future. You are also as ignorant of the facts as you can be. My fault was taking my first drink. My body did the rest. I blame no-one else.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
That is not how it reads to me.

I'm sad that Amy Winehouse died, this thread is titled RIP Amy Winehouse

I can see how insight into addiction is a natural, and potentially useful, extension on this thread.

I'm not convinced that your repeated espousal of your 'Nietzschian' viewpoint really brings anything to the party.

Shaun

Founder
I'm closing this thread.

Thanks to those people who used it for respectful and heartfelt comments.

For those of you who want to continue to discuss addiction or the value of different people's lives, please start a thread in the The Crank Arms (over a glass of water if you prefer).

Thanks,
Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom