RIP Amy Winehouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
BTW, I don't think my friend killed himself with alcohol intentionally, but he did kill himself with alcohol. As for your body asking you do do things, your body is not a separate person to your consciousness.

My friend I am so glad you are not an addict. However if you were you would understand how schizophrenic the body can be.

I feel that a discussion about addiction is a natural by-product of such a thread. The hatred I do not get.:angry:

You should, after all you are the one spewing it, I don't hate addicts whereas you seem to hate anyone that disagrees with you in any way.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
You should, after all you are the one spewing it, I don't hate addicts whereas you seem to hate anyone that disagrees with you in any way.

Man you have a strange definition of hatred. This is hatred.

she was an alcoholic and drug addict who pissed away her talent and ended up promoting these things to youngsters. can believe i am the only one who thinks good riddance.

I am not ignorant of not being an addict though, if you can grasp what I mean by that, there are two sides to every coin and the ultimate truth does not exist in microcosm on either side, you seem to believe in absolutes, I don't.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I am not ignorant of not being an addict though, if you can grasp what I mean by that, there are two sides to every coin and the ultimate truth does not exist in microcosm on either side, you seem to believe in absolutes, I don't.

If you are not an addict you can not understand the mind of an addict. It is impossible. You exist in the same world but are not of the same world. It is like swimming in the ocean and claiming to understand what it is like to be a fish.

If you are not an addict you can not understand the mind of an addict. It is impossible. You exist in the same world but are not of the same world. It is like swimming in the ocean and claiming to understand what it is like to be a fish.

So what is your reasoning for wanting me not to share my opinion exactly? Is it to avoid the people who could say no, not becoming addicts? Of course I do not believe that to be the case but there are people who could avoid the road to addiction if they see that people can say no, there will be others that this is not enough for of course but that does not preclude the former from being given the chance. Also there is nothing wrong with pointing out the fact that someone who kills them self intentionally or unintentionally with the bottle or the needle is still dead from their own hand. Those shocking truths can shake people enough to break away from doing the same thing sometimes so why not state it? Hopefully some good can come from Miss. Winehouse's death on that score, she may yet inspire some people to make a change that saves their lives.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
So what is your reasoning for wanting me not to share my opinion exactly? Is it to avoid the people who could say no, not becoming addicts? Of course I do not believe that to be the case but there are people who could avoid the road to addiction if they see that people can say no, there will be others that this is not enough for of course but that does not preclude the former from being given the chance. Also there is nothing wrong with pointing out the fact that someone who kills them self intentionally or unintentionally with the bottle or the needle is still dead from their own hand. Those shocking truths can shake people enough to break away from doing the same thing sometimes so why not state it? Hopefully some good can come from Miss. Winehouse's death on that score, she may yet inspire some people to make a change that saves their lives.

My gods you are naive.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Well said. Maybe the homeless choose to be homeless, the unemployed choose not to work!!!

I'm sure if P&L were still around we'd be able to find something pertinent to the current discussion...

Angelfish - congratulations on your candour. Don't let someone with very fixed ideas get you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom