RIP Amy Winehouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Sad. Very sad. She certainly 'did it my way', small comfort that it is. We've been robbed of a rare talent, and her family and loved ones of so much more.

Keith Oates

Janner
Whatever her life style may have been it's so sad to hear of her death. RIP Amy!!!

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
I realised I must have deleted the first line off my post when copy/pasting the quote
Basicaly the darker text is from Facebook & my intention was that in the last week, there have been soldiers murdered while trying to protect those that can't protect thmeselves, there has been a mass wipeout in Norway, but 99% of status.s are saying Oh Poor Amy, what a tragedy - I just felt that someone who can hit the self destruct buton as easliy as she did & refuse help when it was offered does not desrve my sympathy, her family & those left behind do.

[QUOTE 1475554"]

I don't think you realise how easy it can be.
[/quote]

.... Actualy, I do

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I liked Amy Winehouse's music, and even if I didn't I'd still be sad that she has died so young. I am simply sorry for her and her family and friends. RIP.

And, as a comment to some of the less charitable here - showing human sympathy to someone who has died young and to the people they have left behind does not mean you have to approve of every aspect of a person. And sure, there are probably many more things that have happened this week that may be far more important both to the world and to particular individuals, but attacking someone who has just died is hardly the best way to draw attention to those things either. Why not start another thread about those things, or contribute to another existing one?

The Jogger

Legendary Member
What a great voice she had, her talent will be missed. It's a shame she didn't find peace while still living but at least she had found it now.

KEEF

Veteran
Sad sad loss as is any death under any circumstance also sad are the posters without compassion. Try watching one of your children take this path. They know what their doing you say don't talk tosh you have know idea.So I ask you to keep your unwanted crass opinions to your self.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I realised I must have deleted the first line off my post when copy/pasting the quote
Basicaly the darker text is from Facebook & my intention was that in the last week, there have been soldiers murdered while trying to protect those that can't protect thmeselves, there has been a mass wipeout in Norway, but 99% of status.s are saying Oh Poor Amy, what a tragedy - I just felt that someone who can hit the self destruct buton as easliy as she did & refuse help when it was offered does not desrve my sympathy, her family & those left behind do.

.... Actualy, I do

That's facebook for you... tomorrow they'll be back to letting the world know what they had for tea, how hung over they are, whether they're bored at work or not and most likey sharing Amy Winehouse jokes. It's the palace of shallow thinking. It's a cheap tabloid written by friends and family... and it is for all these reasons my facebook account has been long deleted.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
That's facebook for you... tomorrow they'll be back to letting the world know what they had for tea, how hung over they are, whether they're bored at work or not and most likey sharing Amy Winehouse jokes. It's the palace of shallow thinking. It's a cheap tabloid written by friends and family... and it is for all these reasons my facebook account has been long deleted.

Facebook is a strange place indeed. The statuses range from the deep and almost prophetic to the tabloid shallow. That said I do find it a fun place :smile:

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
[QUOTE 1475484"]
Oh no. That's really sad. She was talented - really good. Always thought she would work her way through life to produce a mature masterpiece.
[/quote]

That catches my view as well.

While I can understand some of the negative views of her, I do not wholly accept them. None of us act in isolation and we do not know to what extent she was hit hard by the things around her. For instance, the bloke she was married to seems to have been more than a bit of an peanut. Some people find it hard to cope with difficulties. Ultimately she was responsible for her own life but before we rush to condemn, it is perhaps worth asking ourselves if there were ever phased in our own lives when we could have gone down the tubes.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
[QUOTE 1475563"]
Sorry, but it appears that you don't. You and I can only do our best to give our children a good start, but you'd be surprised what little it can take. I've worked with enough homeless people and addicts to see how very easy it is to fall down the hole. It's too easy to dismiss sufferers as being responsible because they 'refused' help when you don't understand the issues.
[/quote]

My respect for you has increased immeasurably :thumbsup:

[QUOTE 1475563"]
Sorry, but it appears that you don't. You and I can only do our best to give our children a good start, but you'd be surprised what little it can take. I've worked with enough homeless people and addicts to see how very easy it is to fall down the hole. It's too easy to dismiss sufferers as being responsible because they 'refused' help when you don't understand the issues.
[/quote]

With respect, the plight of the homeless or down and out addict is significantly different to that of the wealthy or at least solvent type. The homeless and desperately poor get trapped in a downward spiral that they most often wish to escape from but are not empowered to do so, the solvent choose to stay in that place.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
With respect, the plight of the homeless or down and out addict is significantly different to that of the wealthy or at least solvent type. The homeless and desperately poor get trapped in a downward spiral that they most often wish to escape from but are not empowered to do so, the solvent choose to stay in that place.

I think you're missing the point. Addiction is hard to beat regardless of whether you've got a roof over your head or not... Addiction is the issue, not housing or wealth.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus

Ever read the Jonny Cash or Aerosmith biographys? Incredibly rich, word gets around of their address and wealth and guys just turn up to sell them drugs. With Cash his Father in Law took him under his wing. Footballer Best, would get dragged into pubs by fans. Its as much about not refusing people as its about "solvency".

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian

I take it you have never been an addict? You have no idea what you are talking about that is for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom