RIP Amy Winehouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I will second that.
I always considered myself lucky not to of become involved in drugs when I was younger. When I came back to civilian life after 10 years in the Navy I was shocked just how many lads who I grew up with dead through taking them or being shot dead for selling them. Amy was her own worst enemy and deserves our sympathy not anger or nasty remarks.

As was said there is always one.

RedRider

Pulling through
A troubled woman who gave so much of her talent and had so much more to offer, I always hoped she'd be one of the survivors. So sad, she didn't care for herself. Very sad news indeed.

adam23

feel sad for her family its not fair on them, one of my close friends was a heroin addict for about 7 years he locked him self in his

mums house for 3 years and didnt come out till he was clean and off it completely, some people have the will power some dont.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
feel sad for her family its not fair on them, one of my close friends was a heroin addict for about 7 years he locked him self in his

mums house for 3 years and didnt come out till he was clean and off it completely, some people have the will power some dont.

I agree. I battled alcohol for a number of years. Hardest fight of my life.

Zoiders

Well said.

If say jimi hendrix is a role model, would he not inspire more people to buy an electric guitar than buy drugs and die too young?
In defence of Jimi it's come to light recently that the doctor who saw him the night he died firmly believes he was murdered by his crooked and violent manager.

Zoiders

Interesting. There was also a theory that Phil Lynott died of AIDS I believe.
Hendrix's manager used to be in the secret service, he was also known to use violence and intimidation to get what he wants.

The doctor who worked on Hendrix said that his lungs were full of wine - someone basically water boarded him to death with a nice bottle of red.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
"5 days ago a true British hero was killed in action fighting for our country. Did you know this? Do you know his name? Do you care?!
A smackhead loser dies and its all over the news and all over facebook within hours!!
RIP Corporal Mark Anthony Palin from 1st Battalion The Rifles , '...We will remember them!"

Personaly i couldn't give a hoot about Amy Winehouse, she chose the path she walked, she could have done so much with her life.
I'll save my sympathies for those that deserve it

Furkz

Über Member
i like the way i am being pin pointed here, maybe i could become an alcoholic and drug infested rodent and than be respected... its nice to be shot down for having a point of view.

For all its worth i never wanted to create such a reaction.

im sure you would be grateful if you had kids who looked up to her, this was all i was trying to say, look forward to more insults and motivated threats to my RIP... Good Luck

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
"5 days ago a true British hero was killed in action fighting for our country. Did you know this? Do you know his name? Do you care?!
A smackhead loser dies and its all over the news and all over facebook within hours!!
RIP Corporal Mark Anthony Palin from 1st Battalion The Rifles , '...We will remember them!"

Personaly i couldn't give a hoot about Amy Winehouse, she chose the path she walked, she could have done so much with her life.

FM People don't choose to become addicts. I certainly didn't.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
i like the way i am being pin pointed here, maybe i could become an alcoholic and drug infested rodent and than be respected... its nice to be shot down for having a point of view.

For all its worth i never wanted to create such a reaction.

im sure you would be grateful if you had kids who looked up to her, this was all i was trying to say, look forward to more insults and motivated threats to my RIP... Good Luck

You were pinpointed as you were the only one thus far to leave a odious comment. Is that too hard for your little brain to understand.

I don't think one has got anything to do with the other. Equally, the Corporal chose his own path as well and I would have just as much sympathy at his death, indeed do but this thread is about Amy Winehouse.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering

That's all part and parcel of the military covenant. Members of the armed forces know the risks and are prepared to take them along with the pay. The majority of them see their three score years and ten and a bit more.

Not much different from those who embark on a music career infused with alcohol and drugs. The same outcomes - the same grief for their parents at a premature demise.

Furkz

Über Member
You were pinpointed as you were the only one thus far to leave a odious comment. Is that too hard for your little brain to understand.

i take it this is your playground and your the head bully, like i said Good Luck. i have enough intelligence not to get emotional about that sewer rat or your tedious childish insults

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom