RIP Amy Winehouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I hope that this resounds with the young community that to do drugs is NOT cool and is NOT ok. Sad but not surprised, Pete Doherty will be next IMO. RIP
Cool = danger and excitment, not common sense.

Furkz

Über Member
she was an alcoholic and drug addict who pissed away her talent and ended up promoting these things to youngsters. can believe i am the only one who thinks good riddance.

Corgi Kid

Ive just read this thread and am stunned. I loved Amy's music although her lifestyle was a bit like being on a tightrope without a safety net, she was bound to fall off one day.

What a waste of talent...........RIP AMY......
icon_smile_sad.gif

theclaud

Openly Marxist
never could understand the attraction, didn't get the music at all. Sad for her family, but won't be missed in our household.
And I must admit I don't really understand the attraction of a thread called "RIP Amy Winehouse" for someone who feels that way...

Mark_Robson

she was an alcoholic and drug addict who pissed away her talent and ended up promoting these things to youngsters. can believe i am the only one who thinks good riddance.
There's always one!

theclaud

Openly Marxist

And I'm sure it's unlikely that I'm the only one who thinks "who the **** is this Furkz anyway?"

I think the approach "If You Don't Have Anything Nice to Say, Don't Say Anything At All" would be more respectful.

You are talking about the loss of life of a human being who has not done any harm to any one but was her own worse enemy.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
What a delightful chap you are.

+1

And I must admit I don't really understand the attraction of a thread called "RIP Amy Winehouse" for someone who feels that way...

+1

It's a sad fact that the entertainment industry is somewhat fuelled by drug use... always has been, always will be. And when people come cropper, it's somehow all their fault for getting bitten by something they were most likely encouraged to do early in their career. I'm not claiming they're blameless... as at the end of the day people are responsible for themselves. However, there's a drug culture behind the entertainment industry which is the root cause of many a sad loss.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I think the approach "If You Don't Have Anything Nice to Say, Don't Say Anything At All" would be more respectful.

You are talking about the loss of life of a human being who has not done any harm to any one but was her own worse enemy.

Many who have not walked the path will never understand. Some people are just peanuts :angry:

Corgi Kid

Many who have not walked the path will never understand. Some people are just peanuts :angry:

I will second that.
I always considered myself lucky not to of become involved in drugs when I was younger. When I came back to civilian life after 10 years in the Navy I was shocked just how many lads who I grew up with dead through taking them or being shot dead for selling them. Amy was her own worst enemy and deserves our sympathy not anger or nasty remarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom