RIP Basil Brush

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I don't think he actually held 'Basil'. He was Basil's straight man,not his puppeteer...as far as i know.
Yes I know.....poetic licence and all that.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
It was Mr Roy when I was first watching Basil, but there are a few old videos knocking about with Mr Derek (nowhere near enough of original Basil Brush material in circulation, though).

Basil was superb. When a compilation DVD of original Basil was released in about 2000, I promptly purchased it to enjoy his laugh and humour again (of course I knew it worked on two levels), only to realise that a lot of my own mannerisms and expressions were directly stolen from Basil all those years ago.

Two videos with Mr Derek:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
It was Mr Roy when I was first watching Basil, but there are a few old videos knocking about with Mr Derek (nowhere near enough of original Basil Brush material in circulation, though).

Basil was superb. When a compilation DVD of original Basil was released in about 2000, I promptly purchased it to enjoy his laugh and humour again (of course I knew it worked on two levels), only to realise that a lot of my own mannerisms and expressions were directly stolen from Basil all those years ago.

Excellent......nice one, thanks.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

Nice old clips that bring back happy memories! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom