RIP Captain Sir Tom Moore

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I completely agree with the quiet respect.

gavgav

Guru
I had a tear in my eye when I saw the news. An inspirational gentleman, who gave us one of the few positive moments in such a dreadful time. Rest well Sir Tom

Milzy

Guru
I wish more people could be like him. A sad massive loss. I can’t pretend the conservatives & media didn’t use him as a bit of a puppet though.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
What I liked about him was that he was an accidental hero. He only set out to raise a couple of thousand quid. He seemed pretty genuine about the NHS, and he was one of few people who could remember what it was like before.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Definitely an entirely healthy nation...

SheilaH

Yeah so like you to mock but thank goodness we've got Boris Johnson who stood up to the woke army and built a statue of Sir Captain Tom if any black people try and damage it they'll have to get past me first Capt Tom is everything that made England proud we won the war

Yeah so like you to mock but thank goodness we've got Boris Johnson who stood up to the woke army and built a statue of Sir Captain Tom if any black people try and damage it they'll have to get past me first Capt Tom is everything that made England proud we won the war

+1 to standing up against the woke / left in this country, some good responses too in the Houses of Common helping make sure we don't end up bogged down in it like in the USA.

I would say though, it's not the black people damaging the statues as far as I can see, it's this 'BLM' terrorist group who is pretending they represent black people (From what I can tell it's upper middle class white 21 year old girls who never quite fit in well) and who are doing nothing for the problems they claim to be. A bit like Greenpeace, taking a good cause and alienating people by useless / provoking actions to make themselves feel important.

Drago

Legendary Member
That house is near my eldest daughter. They're selling because the new Universal studios theme park is being built and will ruin the view. Strangely they don't mention that in the ad.

Eldest lass sees captain Tom's daughter in the village cafe a fair bit and ear wigs her conversations ;)

Top Bottom