RIP Captain Sir Tom Moore

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/147224183#/?channel=RES_BUY

you can buy his house, now they have demolished that tacky spa....

1714044152033.png

"So, how's the house hunting going?"
"Yeah, great - I went to look at a house the other day"
"Oh really? How was it?"
"I can't tell you"
"Oh... where was it?"
"Can't say"
"Do you think you'll go for it?"
"I can neither confirm nor deny that".

Drago

Legendary Member
To be fair, if it stops slimeballs from the Mail or Guardian bluffing their way in then it's all to the good.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Be some IHT to pay on that most likely
Nah, daughter has been living in it for yonks, it will be have been transferred into her name some while back

View attachment 728705

"So, how's the house hunting going?"
"Yeah, great - I went to look at a house the other day"
"Oh really? How was it?"
"I can't tell you"
"Oh... where was it?"
"Can't say"
"Do you think you'll go for it?"
"I can neither confirm nor deny that".
I can understand that, otherwise all and sundry will want to have a nose around and / or put in on tok-tik.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
That house is near my eldest daughter. They're selling because the new Universal studios theme park is being built and will ruin the view. Strangely they don't mention that in the ad.

Eldest lass sees captain Tom's daughter in the village cafe a fair bit and ear wigs her conversations ;)
Also, they've rather fallen out with the neighbours and they must need money now that Sir Captain Tom's legacy and earning potential have been tarnished.

figbat

Slippery scientist
"The land is subject to covenants affecting the property – please speak with the agent for further information.
The property is situated over multiple titles.
"

I wonder what the covenants are? And how many titles there are? The solicitors will be winning big on this one!

Drago

Legendary Member
Also, they've rather fallen out with the neighbours and they must need money now that Sir Captain Tom's legacy and earning potential have been tarnished.

My lass overheard her in the cafe saying words to the effect, "everyone here hates me."

My lass lives a mile away in the next village, and is in Marston most days. Her take on it, being networked in to the local grapevine, is that its six of one, half a dozen of the other. The lady in question has trodden on a few toes locally, but nothing that justifies the vitriol she's received.

That's just local issues, questions re the charidee management are another issue entirely. Certainly she doesn't need the money, but she's probably also thinking she doesn't need the notoriety. Problem is, wherever she washes up it won't be long before the Mail make a story out of it and her cover is blown, so it'll cling to her like a stale fart clinging to the vinyl upholstry of an Austin Maxi.

Dave7

Legendary Member
My lass overheard her in the cafe saying words to the effect, "everyone here hates me."

My lass lives a mile away in the next village, and is in Marston most days. Her take on it, being networked in to the local grapevine, is that its six of one, half a dozen of the other. The lady in question has trodden on a few toes locally, but nothing that justifies the vitriol she's received.

That's just local issues, questions re the charidee management are another issue entirely. Certainly she doesn't need the money, but she's probably also thinking she doesn't need the notoriety. Problem is, wherever she washes up it won't be long before the Mail make a story out of it and her cover is blown, so it'll cling to her like a stale fart clinging to the vinyl upholstry of an Austin Maxi.

I had an Austin Maxi once. Felt dead posh (at the time)

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I'm sure there are many of us who regret not properly monetising our parents.

markemark

Über Member
You see I never believed for one minute that his children jumped on the bandwagon to monetize this. I believe they orchestrated the whole thing from the beginning and somewhere along the line they convinced him to start the walking after hatching a plan to make lots for charity and some for themselves.

Top Bottom