RIP Chick Corea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SheilaH

You almost say that like it's a bad thing...

I will never cease to be amazed at how touchy people get in RIP threads!

Yes. It's really weird. You give a balanced view of one of your favorite musician's output and somebody posts personal abuse and obscene photographs of a man defecating. Quite extraordinary.

It makes you wonder what he would do if the subject was something that actually mattered.

(p.s. you might already know this, but the guy behind the MV theme tune was an ex-member of Mahavishnu Orchestra and a contemporary of CC 😀 )

Last edited:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Yes. It's really weird. You give a balanced view of one of your favorite musician's output and somebody posts personal abuse and obscene photographs of a man defecating. Quite extraordinary.

It makes you wonder what he would do if the subject was something that actually mattered.

(p.s. you might already know this, but the guy behind the MV theme tune was an ex-member of Mahavishnu Orchestra and a contemporary of CC 😀 )
Jan Hammer? I didn't, actually, but am not in the least surprised. I wonder if it was him who introduced Corea to the keytar??

SheilaH

Jan Hammer? I didn't, actually, but am not in the least surprised. I wonder if it was him who introduced Corea to the keytar??

Who knows. They are all interconnected..Stanley Clarke, Al Di Meola, playing for both of them etc

This mid to late 80s period is utterly perplexing. A horrible aberration. I mean if he'd evolved further into acid house then the universe would be at peace, but as it stands...

SheilaH

That's more like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That opens with Medieval Overture from the album Romantic Overture (1976) and then goes into Sorceress from same album. Havent' watched rest of clip but will do because that album was (in my view) peak brilliance. It's got a bit of prog-rock sci-fi silliness here and there but it acts as a great counter-point to those moments of pure groove from Stanley's gutteral Alembic.

Beautiful.

Last edited:

SheilaH

You've got me listening to the album on my stereo. Al di Meola's Spanish guitar playing and Lenny's fluid and unpretentious drums. Gorgeous! There's a exact phrasing on the piano that was nicked by Sting in his jazz phase...never noticed that before.

Milzy

Guru
Never heard of him rip

Top Bottom