RIP Daddy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Sad news. Take care SL

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Be assured that what you were told was truthful. If we (nurses) can warn family of an impending death, we do. My last job was ward manager of a community hospital and sudden deterioration is fairly rare in such settings - but so much kinder than a slow distressing decline. The time between now and the funeral will no doubt be difficult and does feel like limbo. Say your goodbyes, look back on the good memories and hold on to them. All of us should in the ideal world outlive our parents and I know as a parent that I would hate to survive any of my children. No one can and no one should try to take away your pain - it is yours and is part of recognising loss. I hope that you have close friends and family to help you through this difficult time.
I know. I was a nurse for 20 years :smile:
I'm a bit distanced from most of my family but I'm coping. Thanks for the words :smile:

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
I found this photo of my parents among my photos. We were on a family picnic to Loch Lomond.
I developed and printed it myself, in the darkroom daddy built for me, so it's extra special :smile:

20150119_234333.jpg

Oldbloke

Guru
Another late reader here, my condolences SL

Lullabelle

Banana
Be assured that what you were told was truthful. If we (nurses) can warn family of an impending death, we do. My last job was ward manager of a community hospital and sudden deterioration is fairly rare in such settings - but so much kinder than a slow distressing decline. The time between now and the funeral will no doubt be difficult and does feel like limbo. Say your goodbyes, look back on the good memories and hold on to them. All of us should in the ideal world outlive our parents and I know as a parent that I would hate to survive any of my children. No one can and no one should try to take away your pain - it is yours and is part of recognising loss. I hope that you have close friends and family to help you through this difficult time.

Agreed, when my gran was in hospital the nurse told my mum that gran was 'very tired', a very delicate way of saying the truth.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Bit of a thread jack .
My Elder sister died suddenly a few weeks ago and we did not find out till last week as my younger sister is the emergency contact and they only had her address and not a phoen number , she had been living in 24 hour supervised home as she had been mentally disabled for many years and could not be left alone and did not recognize any family members .
Funeral this thursday

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Bit of a thread jack .
My Elder sister died suddenly a few weeks ago and we did not find out till last week as my younger sister is the emergency contact and they only had her address and not a phoen number , she had been living in 24 hour supervised home as she had been mentally disabled for many years and could not be left alone and did not recognize any family members .
Funeral this thursday
Oh no! I'm so sorry :hugs:

Sara_H

Guru
Bit of a thread jack .
Funeral this thursday
That's awful, sorry to hear it.

Mrs M

Guru
Bit of a thread jack .
Funeral this thursday

Sorry to hear, take care.

Top Bottom