RIP Dave Myers. Aka hairy biker.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
He had been battling cancer for some time, but I had hoped he was coming out the other side. They did a Christmas update and he appeared to be getting better.

He seemed to be a gentle soul.

I always enjoyed his genuine love of food and the enthusiasm he brought as an amateur cook bring his passion to the public.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Lovely guy, RIP.

Drago

Legendary Member
Nooooo! :sad:

A nice guy irl too. A mate of mine was from his home town and his mum knew him. That town there's a lot of people knowing each other, kind of close knit i guess. He'd visited his house a couple of times so I guess that's enough to know he didn't put it on for TV.

From a purely selfish point of view I'll miss all the programs he could have made if he hadn't died. Both hairy bikers had a real talent in front of the camera. It's that which brought them into our living rooms. That format and personality style won't be replicated so easily.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
From a purely selfish point of view I'll miss all the programs he could have made if he hadn't died. Both hairy bikers had a real talent in front of the camera. It's that which brought them into our living rooms. That format and personality style won't be replicated so easily.

I think that the age of this type of TV show has gone now.
No TV company would dare to invest money in two unknown presenters. It would have to be a known face or reality star.

The media landscape is so diluted now that they would only exist in some privately funds podcast or YouTube show.

Top Bottom