RIP Dave Myers. Aka hairy biker.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Just been reading his obituary. A late bloomer. Goes to show everyone has a 2nd chance.

He had a very sad early life, suffered from alopecia and as an only child was sole carer to his elderly parents. 42 and 55 was very old in 1950s to be first time parents.

https://apple.news/AyJzPfYbbQcGDhNIwNt1ZDA

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Just been reading his obituary. A late bloomer. Goes to show everyone has a 2nd chance.

He had a very sad early life, suffered from alopecia and as an only child was sole carer to his elderly parents. 42 and 55 was very old in 1950s to be first time parents.

https://apple.news/AyJzPfYbbQcGDhNIwNt1ZDA

It's really sad, but 66 is still a good age. I know loads of people that didn't even make middle age. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I met them as they were staying in the same hotel in Majorca. Very friendly guys and happy to have photos taken with me.
He will be missed.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Damn. Lovely man; will be missed.
There have been some touching moments in the TV series.... I'll be glued to the remaining episodes.

Big fan of the Hairy Bikers here. Loved the way they came across on TV, absolutely love the sort of food they cooked - many of their recipes have, over the years, joined the culinary repertoire here chez Casa Reynard.

So I'll raise a mug of tea to Dave Myers tonight, and I guess the best tribute I can think of will be cooking a gammon, Hairy Bikers style, after the weekend.

stephec

Legendary Member
I wasn't a fan as food programmes aren't really my type of thing, but from what I did see of him he was one of those rare TV presenters of whom you couldn't find anything to dislike about them.

AndyRM

XOXO
Lovely fella, was lucky enough to meet him and Si when they came in for an interview at the radio station I used to work for. Sadly they didn't cook for us, but were impressed by the sandwiches we'd got them in.

I hadn't really been following his life/career much recently so only just learned he'd been so poorly.

Top Bottom