RIP Queen Elizabeth

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
You'd have thought that they could afford to have comfy chairs in Westminster Abbey! A couple of grand for some cushions for all those dignitaries, whose overriding memory of the day is going to be how sore their arses got!

Mike_P

Guru
Walking to Aldi yesterday morning two boys were behind and I heard one point out to the other "no you won't, theirs no school tomorrow". Switching off from news of any form must have reached new proportions if school kids are not aware when they have day off.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Walking to Aldi yesterday morning two boys were behind and I heard one point out to the other "no you won't, theirs no school tomorrow". Switching off from news of any form must have reached new proportions if school kids are not aware when they have day off.

I don’t know about you but when a school kid , watching the news was boring and not something I did.

Mike_P

Guru
I don’t know about you but when a school kid , watching the news was boring and not something I did.
As I said news of any form, having a day off school was always the big news of the day when I was at school.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Us too....

In other news a flag has appeared on the door of the house opposite Margo and Jerry's. We republicans will not be swayed!

Is it at half mast ... or half-doorframe as the case may be.

Tell them they have hung it upside-down and that this is disrespectful. There's a 50-50 chance that they have and a 0% chance that they will know the difference. Cos nobody does.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Is it at half mast ... or half-doorframe as the case may be.

Tell them they have hung it upside-down and that this is disrespectful. There's a 50-50 chance that they have and a 0% chance that they will know the difference. Cos nobody does.

I know the difference although the way I remember it could be considered either extremely disrespectful or entirely appropriate depending on your view of British history and constitutional affairs.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I know the difference although the way I remember it could be considered either extremely disrespectful or entirely appropriate depending on your view of British history and constitutional affairs.

Even if they do know the difference and know they have hung it the right way they will still look to double check, and when they do @Fab Foodie will be able to say "Made you look, made you stare, made you lose your underwear"

DRM

Guru

Also can be used as a distress signal, iirc it was used as a warning on a Naval battleship that something was amiss, also that an enemy is causing a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom