RIP Robbie Coltrane

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Maybe Richard Griffiths?
Also in Harry Potter and also a big man.

Could be. I am a complete Harry Potter agnostic though.

tyred

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear this.

Cracker was an amazing series. Probably not widely known but I loved the series he made looking at the history of engines. I think it was called Trains, planes and automobiles or something. He had a gift for explaining technical things in easy language.

Just recently I listened to his audio book reading of Stevenson's Kidnapped on YouTube and he really brought it to life.

RIP😢

Cerdic

From The Times obituary.

He also had a short temper, picking fights all too easily and once turning heads at the Ivy restaurant when he shouted at Piers Morgan: “Don’t you f***ing dare come near me if you know what’s good for you, you c***!”

So he was a sound judge of character…

I just heard the sad news just now .
I always liked him and thought he was a good actor .
He seemed to be interested in engineering .
He presented the excellent series ’Planes & Automobiles’

As previously stated, he was in Blackadder, firstly as Samuel Johnson (completely flummoxing a pre- ‘House’ Hugh Laurie), & ‘The Young Ones’, l think too?

Ratchet Cat

Veteran
I am heartbroken by this sad news. I was watching Murderland, part of my Robbie dvd collection. I thought then that soon we'd be hearing of his death.
I've had a wee cry and I'll think about him on my next bike ride.
He was my favourite actor 😭
I read the story about Piers Morgan. Personally I'd shout similar things at Mr Morgan. I cheered when I read it!
I also had the thought that they'll need a really big coffin.
RIP big man x

Top Bottom