RIP to my friend and team mate, the great Ron Hill.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Four pairs of bikesters and one trackster plus two long sleeve tops. All going strong.

I did post this somewhere else but hopefully appropriate here.......

Sorry to hear this. Ron travelled out to the European Championships in Athens in 1969 on the same flight as us load of supporters so he could be with his family. Our flight from Stansted was delayed quite a bit and they took us off to some restaurant to keep us happy (those were the days). Ron went running around the airport before they took us to the restaurant.
When we were in Athens we saw Ron out training lots of times prior to his Marathon race. A nice unassuming man and always friendly. And of course, a great, great runner.
It was a great moment to see him enter the Panathenaic Stadium (the original 1896 Olympic stadium) to win the Marathon to Athens race in a fantastic atmosphere.

RIP Ron

battered

Guru
A sad day. RIP. Several pairs of Tracksters here, plus shorts and a wind jacket that I have had for 25 years, it's done thousands of miles running, cycling, climbing and is still good. Ripstop nylon, unless I burn it it will last for ever. In fact that's the only way I've ever killed Tracksters.

Sad news.

I will wear my Trackster Trek trousers for leading a walking group tomorrow.

Top Bottom