RIP to my friend and team mate, the great Ron Hill.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
It was with great sadness today that I learned of the death of one of Britain's greatest ever athletes, Ron Hill.

I'm lost for words on this one.

Hands up everyone who has owned a pair of Ron Hill Tracksters. Lost count of the number I've been through.
He certainly changed sporting clothing from old hand me downs to decent quality of design and materials.
Sad news.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It was with great sadness today that I learned of the death of one of Britain's greatest ever athletes, Ron Hill.
Oh, that's a shame! I will read more about his life later when I have finished a couple of things that need doing ASAP.

Hands up everyone who has owned a pair of Ron Hill Tracksters.
By pure coincidence, I was out walking with Paul yesterday, and was wearing a pair**!

** Actually, I think they were my 'Bikesters', but they are pretty much the same thing.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Sad news indeed.
During a local event - the Swallownest 10k - which ran for a number of years back in the 90s, I was a couple of miles from the finish on an uphill section when an older, but brightly clad runner edged past me. I used him as a pacer to drag me to the finish, although crossed the line some 50m adrift. Since I'd only seen his back, it wasn't until the results were published that I discovered that Ron Hill had been my pacer.
I was happy to have finished within sight of such a legend, even if he did beat me. To be fair, it should also be noted I was 20 years younger than he!

Cathryn

Legendary Member

View attachment 590181

I'm lost for words on this one.
I'm so sorry for the loss of a friend - when you're ready, it sounds like there's a great running story there that I'd love to hear.

Top Bottom