RIP Vivienne Westwood

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
She set up her own company so she wouldn't have to listen to money men in her own words, but at the same time she made enough money to more than survive. She showed across the major fashion centres and became part of the system. How much of her beliefs were just rhetoric to promote her image and business empire?

I'm no fan and it kind of annoys me that she's being applauded at the same time and as much as Pele who has imho made a more significant and lasting change.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I saw her in the Barbican once. She was wearing enormous platforms and a coat that appeared to be made out of carpet.

Another key cultural player gone. It's getting to be a regular thing.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
She set up her own company so she wouldn't have to listen to money men in her own words, but at the same time she made enough money to more than survive. She showed across the major fashion centres and became part of the system. How much of her beliefs were just rhetoric to promote her image and business empire?

I'm no fan and it kind of annoys me that she's being applauded at the same time and as much as Pele who has imho made a more significant and lasting change.

A fair point, I'd say.

Top Bottom