Ripping my arse apart

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redcard

Veteran
I usually wear tights and cargo pants on my commute - £15 efforts from Asda or Peacocks. I need to get the bus / train, an walk a bit, so wearing just cycling shorts or tights isn't really ideal

Tonight, I ripped my second pair in about a fortnight, so obviously it's not cost-effective to continue in this manner.

I'm thinking cargos with a bit of lycra will be more tear-resistant. I don't want to be spending more than £20ish per pair.

Any recommendations?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Hahahaha, modesty shorts eh, Gaz? (Ages ago I ripped Gaz for wearing modesty shorts, and he later admitted to never wearing them again and going with just tights thanks to my abuse). :biggrin:

More srsly, I'd just go with the tights, or perhaps some Endura Humvee pants. They have a good reputation and are pretty tough.

OP
OP
redcard

redcard

Veteran
Hahahaha, modesty shorts eh, Gaz? (Ages ago I ripped Gaz for wearing modesty shorts, and he later admitted to never wearing them again and going with just tights thanks to my abuse). :biggrin:

More srsly, I'd just go with the tights, or perhaps some Endura Humvee pants. They have a good reputation and are pretty tough.

I got a pair of Altura summer cruisers but not sure I've got the balls to wear them without something over them

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
[QUOTE 1915989, member: 45"]Humvees are great, but way out of your budget. Mind you, they'll last.
[/quote]

A case of buy properly, buy once.

edindave

Über Member
I bought two pairs of Endura Humvees over 3 years ago. They are still as new. I should maybe change the padded inner liners but they are still lasting ok so I haven't bothered. I do about 80mi a week in them so perhaps not that much wear and tear but they definitely were a good buy in my opinion. :thumbsup:

400bhp

Guru
Decathlon do some cheap walking elasticated trousers too. I can't be arsed to look on their website at the mo because it's bobbins, but Decathlon is the place to go for utilitarian clothing.

Top Bottom