River...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I think I will stop reading at this point or I will know the plot of the entire series before I even start watching it!

Agree - the surprises and OMG moments are very much part of its brilliance
(these are revelations, twists not horror film shocks I might add)

Skarsgard is one of those amazing actors who's compelling to watch doing nothing and saying less.

The last time I saw him, it was in 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'

He was also in both 'Thor' films too

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I think the storyline is about a confused Schizophrenic who hallucinates rather than ghosts (after all, his visions never tell him anything he doesn't already know).

Profpointy

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3995690, member: 45"]I watched the first episode on Friday, and was underwhelmed. Probably because of the unreality of a mumbling detective who talks to himself being allowed to continue to run around on his own. Yes, I know a ghost story is unreal from the start, but still.

Nicola Walker was great though.[/QUOTE]

Bear in mind we all know odd people, and maybe worked with a few, but we, as outsiders, don't quite know how odd.
Someone a bit strange but who does a good job is a perfectly OK work colleague - and we're not to know if he's merely a bit of a misfit, or hearing voices / seeing ghosts.

Brains

Legendary Member
River/Unforgotten
One wonders at the scheduling, having the same actress, play a very similar part in two very similar shows on telly at the same time.
So when is Jimmy going to appear as a ghost ?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
River/Unforgotten
One wonders at the scheduling, having the same actress, play a very similar part in two very similar shows on telly at the same time.
So when is Jimmy going to appear as a ghost ?
I started watching the 1st ep of River last night... but had to stop after the (brilliant) "I love to love" scene because i know it'll confuse me since i'm currently watching Unforgotten. I am blonde though.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
[QUOTE 3995690, member: 45"]I watched the first episode on Friday, and was underwhelmed. Probably because of the unreality of a mumbling detective who talks to himself being allowed to continue to run around on his own. Yes, I know a ghost story is unreal from the start, but still.

Nicola Walker was great though.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Watched part one and part of part two last night and called it a day. Lovely Wife likes it though and is persevering.

For me the tedium of the close up facial shots that drag on interminably and eg the walking through the woods where the girl hanged herself scene which went on and on with no dialogue until he had climbed the tree - is like walking through mud in wellies.

A big fat Miss for me.

Top Bottom