River...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Yup. Terrific stuff. And yes, he's outstanding.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Not tried River yet - have got it recorded though.

Unforgotten - got bored after a couple of episodes. Lifeless, characterless and the absurd lead character who is supposed to be a moderately high ranking police officer but who comes across as dumb as dumb can be. Cack imo.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I hadn't spotted it, but the first episode is available on iPlayer for another 7 days so I will give it a go. If I like it then the other 3 transmitted episodes are there waiting for me.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I hadn't spotted it, but the first episode is available on iPlayer for another 7 days so I will give it a go. If I like it then the other 3 transmitted episodes are there waiting for me.
need to watch the first two I reckon before deciding.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
maybe 1/2 or 2/3 of episode one will suffice. If you're not totally "wowed" by then, it's possibly not for you.
It did take me a few episodes to get hooked on The Sopranos ...

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I really liked the look of River in the trailers, loved the twist early on in episode one, but about half an hour in, Mrs ND turned to me and said "what the heck is this about?" and (unusually) I had to agree. Stuck it out to the end of episode 1, but haven't watched it since.

Unforgotten, on the other hand, is one of the best shows on the box at the moment although I always watch ITV shows on catchup to avoid the adverts...;)

I thought the first series of Fargo was a high water mark in television shows, but I'm struggling to get into series 2. I've watched the first one and have recorded the others but haven't got around to watching them. I don't think the move to 10pm on a Monday night has helped.:unsure:

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Mmmmm..................never really considered that, but you never know. Hope not.
He's schizophrenic, one of the voices who appears to be River's other personality has implied that he's in denial, he's in love and he's also jealous.......

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I have not seen river but im enjoying unforgotten also watched and enjoyed the new jekyl and hyde , which is all unusual for me i dont normally watch much telly but have been the past few weeks.
it's a slippery slope... give it a couple of months and you'll be watching Jeremy Kyle in your PJs, covered in biscuit crumbs.

River completely passed me by (until this thread). Enjoying Unforgotten, but will put that behind me before giving River a go. :smile:

Top Bottom