RLJ - Damm fools

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rancid

Not content with pissing off every other road user, now they want to start having a go at us cyclists who adhear to the rules and show some consideration for ALL road users.

This morning around 8.45am im at the junction of Longley road/A24 High street.
Im sitting at the lights minding my own beeswax, waiting to turn left.
All is well and everyone is getting along swimmingly.

Next thing i'm getting shouted at from behind
"Excuse me" "EXCUSE ME"
i turn around and there is another cyclist.
She says to me
"What are you doing ? the lights are red and the pedestrian is green !"
"Sorry i dont follow, what do you want ?"
"Why are you not crossing the junction"
"Erm because the lights are red ?"
"Yes but the pedestrian man is green"
"Erm red lights are red lights, they apply to all road users just the same, if you want to cross when the greed pedestrian light is on then get off your bike and become a pedestrian"
She then gives me one of them faces and says "well if your going to be like that. dont bother !!!!"

Dont bother ?
Lippy cow.....

400bhp

Guru
I understand, but you did sound as though you were coming across somewhat condescending.

An educative answer would have been better:smile:

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
I understand, but you did sound as though you were coming across somewhat condescending.

To be honest the RLJ-er sounded quite condescending to begin with and as Jon Snow said to Rupert Murdoch:
"I find in life, one reaps what one sows"

Next thing i'm getting shouted at from behind
"Excuse me" "EXCUSE ME"

Was it Vicky Guerrero, perchance?

68733_1675872423583_1440651484_31726432_5299963_n.jpg

martint235

Dog on a bike
RLJers are just like that. I just ignore them in the belief they will go away. Unfortunately that's never happened yet. I have had a couple in the past who have got fed up with the "Excuse me" being ignored and have tried to barge past me. That doesn't work but it does p*** me off a lot and I have a tendency towards aggression at that stage.

I've also had a few where I've been idling up to an amber light and had prospective RLJers panic when they suddenly realise they aren't going to be able to stop in a controlled manner behind me. :evil:

OP
OP
R

Rancid

have much luck offering up un-solicited "educative" advice to random ladies do you ?

Top Bottom