RLJ, why do I bother...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I seem to have very quickly lost the will to take part in this thread. Maybe it's because I'm wrong and Bonj is right, who knows....xx

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

domtyler said:
Given that it was posted by bonj how can you possibly find it peculiar? ;)

Bonj has moments when he makes good sense. Admittedly I do get the occasional blow to the head.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

bonj said:
"We" being cyclists as a whole, as opposed to "we" as in me and you specifically. Who says it's your place to decide how to act for all cyclists?

You haven't been paying attention Bonj, we've discussed this earlier in the thread.

There's plenty of objecting arguments - you may not consider them right, but for instance, people could view cyclists as nosey buggers always sticking their nose into other people's business and telling other people how to behave. What gives you the right to encourage other road users to tar me with that brush?
(further cut)

You're being absurd. Quit it.

col

Legendary Member
I think we are splitting hairs a bit here?dont you think? I mean iv said i wont antagonise a situation if i feel it would,but if i needed to i would,so there lies the conundrum.What i think is a risk, may not be what someone else see's as a risk,its really as simple as that isnt it?So in actual fact ,we are all right,we just see things differently,er i think:smile:

People RLJ and make up the rules as they go along and then get upset when said motorist breaks law of the road.

Ok I follow the rules of the road and it irritates the hell out of me when an ignorant motorist is using his mobile phone but at least im not being an acehole.At least I hope not.

PBancroft

BentMikey said:
Blimey mate, ancient topic mining!

Still pertinent, and probably always will be.

I don't say anything to RLJers, unless I happen to overtake them again further down the road. Even then, it's usually just a quick "if you were halfway good at this, you wouldn't need to break the law"

I doubt that they have any idea what I was banging on about, mind you.

Trillian

Commuter said:
I always RLJ if I believe it is safe to do so . I've not been hit or caused an accident yet so I reckon I'm a good judge of the situation.

For those of you who feel it necessary to confront RLJ ers, do you ever , ever break the law ??

ie, 31mph in a 30 zone, 71mph on the motorway ? Do you always ensure that your wheels come to a stop when at a stop sign even if it's 3am and not anothe car on the road ??

I suspect not.

but how many people have you peed off?

i've no idea about speeding by 1mph, i've not driven a car with a speedo that accurate, and i doubt you have either

yes, i come to a stop due to the junctions round here marked with a stop sign require slowing to first gear speed anyway and its likely a tractor will emerge from it at any time.

have a nice day

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Commuter said:
I always RLJ if I believe it is safe to do so . I've not been hit or caused an accident yet so I reckon I'm a good judge of the situation.

For those of you who feel it necessary to confront RLJ ers, do you ever , ever break the law ??

ie, 31mph in a 30 zone, 71mph on the motorway ? Do you always ensure that your wheels come to a stop when at a stop sign even if it's 3am and not another car on the road ??

I suspect not.

If you have a bee in you bonnet about RLJ ers, keep it to yourself.

I've cycled at over 30 in a 40 limit, I stop at stop signs, even at 3am.

But as I'm not actually allowed to cycle on the motorway I can't answer the
71mph question but I also don't think my knees could manage it anyway.

RLJ'ing is condoned by crap braggards equaling that of tiny minded drivers who denounce all cyclists for this behaviour.

Remember, you are using the same parts of your brain to decide that your way is clear at a red light that a driver employs to take a call on his/her mobile while driving.

How many times have you just wished you could sit a driver down and calmly pointed out their errors without it becoming a fight?

I do feel it is my position to inform or bring to the attention of others, the dangers and image of the RLJ and the effect it has on the public view of cyclists.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'm also annoyed with RLJers since a few of the stupid zarks have nearly crashed into me, and have wiped out two of my friends. Managed to see and avoid them all so far myself at least.

Selfish and ignorant impatience. Nothing more.

Top Bottom