RLJing cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coshgirl

Is it me or is this becoming more frequent? Take this morning for example. As I was waiting at the lights waiting to turn right this morning, two vehicles switched from left lane to right cut in front of me and blatantly rljed scattering peds as they went. Where were the police? This was in Hackney, east London btw.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
No you are right,it is getting worse.I see it more and more up here along with driving with no lights,i'm amazed i've not seen an accident on my travels.......nuts i've just tempted fate !!!!

Dan B

Disengaged member
Is it me or is this becoming more frequent? Take this morning for example. As I was waiting at the lights waiting to turn right this morning, two vehicles switched from left lane to right cut in front of me and blatantly rljed scattering peds as they went. Where were the police? This was in Hackney, east London btw.

They weren't real drivers, they were cyclists who happened to be in cars at the time

PBancroft

You're seeing things. Only cyclists run red lights, bloody nuisance they are. Really dangerous too.

They should pay road tax.

And have license plates, that stops all naughtiness, as any fule kno.

They should get off the bloody road, that's what they should do. I've paid my taxes, I've got RIGHTS. I hate getting stuck behind one of them for hours on end, only for the bstard to go past me when I'm waiting in traffic. Don't they know that's illegal? One even had the gall to swear at me when I asked him to move over to the left so I could get past - he reckoned I was too close! Didn't bloody hit him, did I? Maybe I will next time.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Definitely on the increase up here in Edinburgh too, along with escalating numbers of drivers who don't put their lights on or drive around all winter with only one working.

Round work way 'the train' is becoming the de-facto standard for RLJ'ing. If you all sit right up against the bumper of the car in front then 5 or 6 of you can happily continue through a light that's been red for up to 10 seconds. No-one's going to dare go through on green the other way as there's a solid car wall blocking them.

L&B Police need to get themselves along to the crossroads at Broomhouse Dr / Saughton Dr / Saughton Road to observe this highly dangerous driving for themselves.

Jezston

Über Member
Definitely on the increase up here in Edinburgh too, along with escalating numbers of drivers who don't put their lights on or drive around all winter with only one working.

Round work way 'the train' is becoming the de-facto standard for RLJ'ing. If you all sit right up against the bumper of the car in front then 5 or 6 of you can happily continue through a light that's been red for up to 10 seconds. No-one's going to dare go through on green the other way as there's a solid car wall blocking them.

L&B Police need to get themselves along to the crossroads at Broomhouse Dr / Saughton Dr / Saughton Road to observe this highly dangerous driving for themselves.

Or The Cockpitt in Derby:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...OXvHlUxxFfhlKdRh8tUgEw&cbp=12,273.41,,0,11.28

The lane shown where the middle of the three buses is - vehicles pretty much as a matter of course pile through long after the light has gone red. Not much fun as I'm coming the opposite direction (from the camera's perspective) and have about 3 seconds to cross the gap before the cross traffic lights turn green.

Waspie

Über Member

There is rarely a day that passes that I don't see some idiotic and downright dangerous driving at that junction. Some pretty close shaves as well with cars being in the wrong lane and bullying their way into the correct lane while on the junction.

I drive and cycle thousands of miles a year. Rarely have a problem with a cyclist when I am on my bike or in my car. Indeed that last incident I can remember was when a cyclist positioned herself on the left of me while I was waiting at lights in my car indicating to turn left, no big deal, I just waited until she had turned and moved off once she was clear. The only reason I even remember that is that the driver behind me went apoplectic as I waited a couple of seconds after the light went green rather than left hooking the aforementioned cyclist.

The mind boggles sometimes.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
[QUOTE 1292008"]
Also increasing in Birmingham.
[/quote]

+1. Particularly in the "late amber" brigade. As in so late that they are almost in time for the next amber.

That really gets on my wick when you are waiting to turn right (hence exposed to traffic coming the other way) but they keep on coming leaving you exposed to the other approach which now has green :-(

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Sorry my route does not have any traffic lights :rolleyes:

I do notice a lot of people jumping across roundabouts when i am turning right , especially here where even though i have been on the right since the pub and have my arm out i still get some numpty cutting me up as i try to turn right every day.

My link

subaqua

What’s the point
it seems that East london its only the number of cyclists RLJing thats increasing. 8 again this morning over 4 sets of lights. its a good job the bus driver was awake and looking. although it would have been bus drivers fault no doubt

Top Bottom