Road bike 52cm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
My running friend Steve has picked up so many bad injuries he wants to turn to cycling & Zwift.
I’ve noticed there’s horrible rubbish wrecks on fleabay for big money thanks to C-19.
I told Steve I’d keep an eye out for him. He’s on a tight budget been on ambulance switchboard plus he needs all the other turbo stuff. Something like the Eastway I bought from Mr.Lane would be ideal.

Wiggins Rouen in 48cm has a 52cm top tube? Can be picked up for peanuts as considered a teenagers but but suits up to 5ft 7.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
What's his budget and height / size needed? I can then look out for what's available. I'll have a couple soon but they're 54/56cm.

Depending where he is I'd echo the Yorkshire Cycling Sales FB group. There's a lot of decently-priced kit available via there.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
What's his budget and height / size needed? I can then look out for what's available. I'll have a couple soon but they're 54/56cm.

Depending where he is I'd echo the Yorkshire Cycling Sales FB group. There's a lot of decently-priced kit available via there.
He’s 5’7” 54 just a bit too much, he won’t be flexible to stretch out too much.

DCLane

@Milzy - I've nothing his size I'm afraid.

Yorkshire Cycling Sales and wanted ads in other groups - Wakefield Triathlon Club are near me and tend to have well looked-after bikes at very decent prices.

alicat

Legendary Member
What's his budget?

DCLane

@alicat I believe it is around the £150 mark.

In these Covid price-enhanced times that's not much.

Is this any good? It’s in Wakefield and looks to have Microshift R8 front and rear shifters with Shimano Claris (R2300 or earlier) mechs.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154283970879

I saw that this morning. The seller sells a lot of second-hand bikes locally. Looking at it the rear mech appears to have been changed for an older Shimano one and cheap bar tape fitted but otherwise it seems OK.

Faratid

He’s 5’7” 54 just a bit too much, he won’t be flexible to stretch out too much.

Don't stretch out at all, especially a new cyclist who's over the age of 20. Take a look at high end straight handlebar bikes, eg; Specialized Sirrus Elite Carbon, where the geometry, specifically stack & reach will be more comfortable but still enable serious training and speed.

Top Bottom