Road Bike - Flat Handlebars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
expect to spend around £100 for a fully synced conversion to Tiagra level kit.

£50 is more like it. £10 for the bar, £20 each for levers (probably closer to ultegra level) and shifters. I suppose another £10 for grips.

I bought and sold some flat bar shifters for my bike before going the other way to drops. I was worried that I wouldn't be comfortable on the drops initially because of my broken elbow, but once I got sensibly wide bars I was fine.

OP should maybe consider wider handlebars. I found that made a dramatic difference to my comfort. Even 42cm to 44cm made a big difference.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
£50 is more like it. £10 for the bar, £20 each for levers (probably closer to ultegra level) and shifters. I suppose another £10 for grips.

I bought and sold some flat bar shifters for my bike before going the other way to drops. I was worried that I wouldn't be comfortable on the drops initially because of my broken elbow, but once I got sensibly wide bars I was fine.

OP should maybe consider wider handlebars. I found that made a dramatic difference to my comfort. Even 42cm to 44cm made a big difference.

I was factoring in a nice new front mech into the price as well, as many are incompatible with such a switch.

good point on wider drop bars, I went to 44's on my current roadie (mainly to accommodate a mirror properly) and it has made for nicer riding

OP
OP
P

Paulsjd

Thanks all, I don't think I've ever been on such a helpful forum! Certainly some food for thought.

Top Bottom