Road bike for approx £300 ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for all your advice. I've had an email back from Decathlon and they are getting a delivery of the Triban 3 on 3rd Oct so I think I'm going to go for one of them. They do a 63cm frame which is what I need and it looks like it's the best new bike by far for that kind of money. All reviews I've read are excellent including professional reviews!! Only decision is red or white ?? Can anyone confirm that it definately has a cassette freehub not threaded freewheel as it doesn't say in the spec?? I imagine it has at that price.
I dont think they do an 8sp freewheel, If you can still get the red get the red as it has carbon forks.

jay clock

Massive member
i would avoid that Indigo. Has a bolt on rear axle which suggests very poor quality to me

Moser Speed from Wiggle is currently £488 and looks like a great entry level bike

i would avoid that Indigo. Has a bolt on rear axle which suggests very poor quality to me

Moser Speed from Wiggle is currently £488 and looks like a great entry level bike
What on the bike as a whole or just the wheel set. I had a set of Weinnman XR18's on my Viking when I got it, since starting again in June 2012 (got the bike in 2008) I got through about 8 spokes on the rear, and from your analogy since it had quick release skewers a better wheel than one with nuts, wheels on cheap bikes are where company's save money, I got some RS10 in April and they have been much better, it would have risen the cost of the bike from lets say £300 which is what was paid in 2008 to £340 as the XR18's are about £60, the RS10's cost £100, but these things are a learning curve.

Last edited:
Top Bottom