Road bike jersey ideas needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

unionfan

Hello all. I'm new to road cycling having stopped playing rugby and running due to various injuries. I'm really enjoying my time out on the roads in rural France where we live but am struggling to buy a 'proper' jersey with the practical back pockets, that fits me. If I choose one to fit my chest and shoulders, it's long enough to be a mini-dress and I can't use the pockets. If there are any other cyclists out there who, like me, aren't built like Chris Froome, could you let me know where you buy your kit please? :-)
Thanks in advance and happy pedalling.
KB

vickster

Legendary Member
Look at fat lad at the back?

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Hello all. I'm new to road cycling having stopped playing rugby and running due to various injuries. I'm really enjoying my time out on the roads in rural France where we live but am struggling to buy a 'proper' jersey with the practical back pockets, that fits me. If I choose one to fit my chest and shoulders, it's long enough to be a mini-dress and I can't use the pockets. If there are any other cyclists out there who, like me, aren't built like Chris Froome, could you let me know where you buy your kit please? :-)
Thanks in advance and happy pedalling.
KB

I sympathise, being an outsize cyclist too, though in my case I also need the length. I have used Fat Lad at the Back and found it to be quite good quality, though not the cheapest. Cycology cheaper, but some pretty wild, loudish designs. In my case, I discovered that my local rugby club (Gloucester) had started selling cycle shirts in Gloucester Rugby replica colours. Did the job just fine. If you want cycling kit that fits a second row forward, try getting it from a rugby club!

OP
OP
unionfan

unionfan

Thanks for the hints, I'll start looking... although Donger, as a Quins fan I'm not sure I can bring myself to wear red and white top
Cheers for now, KB
:laugh:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
:welcome:
I've always found Lusso good on sizing and quality, and they have some enticing discounts on some lines, BUT I see you're in rural France, so the delivery fee of £25 :eek: might be prohibitive. Some UK shops, e.g. Spa, no longer even send stuff to the continent, thanks to brexit.
Is there a branch of Decathlon within reasonable distance of your home?

Bristolian

Another vote here for Fat Lad at the Back. As an oversized male I find their clothing a good fit and reasonably priced. Their clothes sizes actually agree with their sizing charts, which isn't the case of most other suppliers for larger sizes.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Another vote here for Fat Lad at the Back. As an oversized male I find their clothing a good fit and reasonably priced. Their clothes sizes actually agree with their sizing charts, which isn't the case of most other suppliers for larger sizes.

Good point about the sizing. Some of the Italian brands idea of jersey sizing seems to be that a 5XL would fit Marco Pantani after eating a sausage roll.

Big T

Guru
Yes, I’ve had a 5XL Santini jersey that only just fitted, ditto a 5XL Funkier jersey. Whereas I’m only 2XL in Endura. I mostly buy Fat Lad at the Back, where you just measure your chest and waist(belly) and go for the one with the biggest measurement. I’m 46”, which is well catered for. Fat Lad go up to size 54” Chest.

Top Bottom