Road Bike Saddle Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jrsevans

Hi,

I'm a complete beginner to bikes and recently got a second hand roadbike. I can't find any saddle that seems to fit the seatpost and it seems like the seatpost is fixed in as I can't remove it. I've tried penetrating oil but still doesn't budge an inch. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can connect a saddle to this. I have put some photos.

Attachments

• 20210115_135357.jpg
    20210115_135357.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210115_135348.jpg
    20210115_135348.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210115_135344.jpg
    20210115_135344.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 7

Sharky

Guru
My guess is that you have an In-line seatpost.

You seem to have a piece missing, similar to the one in the first photo. The two together should clamp against the saddle rails, held by two bolts from underneath the seat post.

However, you will be extremely lucky if the saddle height is right for you. Removing the seat post is the ideal solution. Search cycle chat for stuck seat post. It's been discussed many times.

Hope you get it sorted.

OP
OP
J

Jrsevans

Thank you for all the help. I got the bike for free and it's seeming like it might be a lot of work. I'm going to try to get the seatpost out if I can, if not I'll probably give it to someone who wants a little project.

Sharky

Guru
Thank you for all the help. I got the bike for free and it's seeming like it might be a lot of work. I'm going to try to get the seatpost out if I can, if not I'll probably give it to someone who wants a little project.
Good luck - keep us posted

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Actually you may have an advantage. You need a long bar (like a mop handle or brush handle) that will fit in the tubed top of the post - pop the top on and bolt up so the bar is secure. Then secure the frame and turn the post around using the end of the bar for leverage.

Top Bottom