Road bike that can take panniers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Bargain £568

Tiagra Full Racks Cantis etc...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRONX-RX100T-...0799731968?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item3368b08900

$(KGrHqZ,!iwE2Kd1dhqtBNrsO+cztw~~_12.JPG

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
So I'm going for a combination of lightweight rucksack, large under-saddle bag and some judicious scrunching. And folding toothbrushes.

I think you'll find Messrs Carradice may have something to interest you...

Actually, that's not as silly an answer as it may sound. Our large (Super C) saddlebag works very nicely on my solo bike - which is designed to take a rack but which I don't want to put a rack on - and is roomy enough for three or four days worth of stuff. It's supported by a small topeak under-seat pack, which contains essential tools and a spare tube.

chris-s

I'm doing something similar with my bianchi road bike and following the advice on the forum purchased a carradice camper longflap saddlebag. The idea of a saddlebag over panniers is thar for this style of bike it affects the handling less.

Well the bag came yesterday and I was able to get all my lightweight gear on it...tent, sleeping bag, mat, pillow, clothes, wash kit and still space to spare.

Chris

OP
OP
tjw_78

tjw_78

You generally need lower gears for touring, mudguards are not essential but if you spend a whole day in the saddle in the rain and all your kit gets covered in muck, including your panniers, then you're not going to look too pretty or feel it yourself when you get to your b&b. Plus, you're companions aren't going to thank you if you're throwing road spray at them all day.

Couldn't care less!!!!
biggrin.gif

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Most of the modern technical wear dries overnight after a quick wash in the sink, so technically you just need 2 pairs of shorts, socks and a couple of tops, plus jacket and waterproofs.

Top Bottom