Road bikes sizes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jon222

I'm 6ft 2inch, should I go with Large or extra large. I had a giant defy large a few years back and always felt I needed bigger. What's other people's experiences? I am considering a giant or triban in the £500 to £700 price range are there any others I should be considering. Looking for comfortable and relaxed geometry.
Thanks in advance.

6ft 3in here and i always go 58cm but best to try out. Also L and XL can vary a bit between makes?

vickster

Legendary Member
@Grant Fondo do you mean 58cm TT. Some makes use a different measurement for sizing e.g. Seat tube (like Boardman do, or at least did)

Easy to go and sit on a Triban or Giant, get to local branches, get test rides

Your 6'2 might be in your legs, torso, arms might be long or not, all of which will impact the size needed...but don't be persuaded to buy the wrong size just because it's the one on the shop floor

Kajjal

Guru
As above I would try both at a shop if possible. I am 6ft7 but have a proportionally longer body which means I have a 61cm bike. While I fit on a 64cm bike it does not feel right and little seat post would be showing.

@Grant Fondo do you mean 58cm TT. Some makes use a different measurement for sizing e.g. Seat tube (like Boardman do, or at least did)

Easy to go and sit on a Triban or Giant, get to local branches, get test rides

Your 6'2 might be in your legs, torso, arms might be long or not, all of which will impact the size needed...but don't be persuaded to buy the wrong size just because it's the one on the shop floor
Yes i assumed TT but like you say this varies. I think Evans are doing cash off Cannondale Synapse Sora, may also be in Jons price range?

OP
OP
J

jon222

I have long arms, 33inch leg, I think my torso is about average for height. I will check the Cannondale at Evans. Thanks grant:okay:

velohomme

I am 6ft 2in with 32 inch inside leg. I ride a 59 cm KTM but find a 57cm suits me on my vintage bikes. Comfortable on both. As stated best to try first

OP
OP
J

jon222

Yep need to sit on a couple, I'm leaning towards XL, but we will see.

OP
OP
J

jon222

Yep they advise large for 5 10 to 6ft 2 inch. And XL for 6 2 to 6 6. So it would seem I'm on the cusp of both sizes.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yep they advise large for 5 10 to 6ft 2 inch. And XL for 6 2 to 6 6. So it would seem I'm on the cusp of both sizes.
Try them out but the advice is go smaller not larger as you have more scope to adjust up. If the frame is too big, you're more stuck

Top Bottom