Road Rage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I was a victim of road rage late last night :cursing:. Bloke tried to get into my car and then tried to smash the passenger side window. Freaked me out suficiently to report it to the Police this morning, they are now trying to id the guy through cctv.

Thank god I cycle more than I drive these days. :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
And the reason for the road rage?

OP
OP
Hacienda71

Hacienda71

He was driving through roadworks at substantial speed. I am guessing 100 mph plus and I didn't see him until last minute as I started to pull into the open outside lane (the only open lane) at the recommended 30 mph limit at that point. He then decided when we both came off at the same exit he was going to get out of his hot hatch with aftermarket turbo and dump valve and try to physically get into my car. When he found the door was locked he tried to smash the window. It was at this point I decided to ignore the red light and get away from the chav and his mates in their Max Power stylee cars (there were two other cars with him).

thecube

Sorry to hear this.The police have a good habit of never finding these type of scroats. Unless there is actual physical harm they are often blase about it. My brother was verbally assaulted by some lunatic who kept throwing air punches at his face. it was quite initimidating, so he reported it. Anyway, the policeman said "what would you like us to do"? he said have a word with him and let me know what he says. Well strangley enough they never called back. So next time he will say that he wants to press charges, this way the police have to at least take some action. They react the same with "near misses" on the road, they have no interest until someone gets hurt. Shame really, there should be a great emphasis on prevention and trying to rid the roads of nutjobs!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
[QUOTE 3208768, member: 30090"]I smell BS, regarding the estimation of speed and your claim only to see him at the last minute. I've had many a car driven past me at speed, a sound mirror check will give way to good judgement if you was to impede the other road user by changing lanes.[/QUOTE]

Dear oh dear.

Mistake made. Response by other driver was OTT. Quite simple.

OP
OP
Hacienda71

Hacienda71

[QUOTE 3208768, member: 30090"]I smell BS, regarding the estimation of speed and your claim only to see him at the last minute. I've had many a car driven past me at speed, a sound mirror check will give way to good judgement if you was to impede the other road user by changing lanes.[/QUOTE]
No BS on the speed, he was flying when he went past me, substantially in excess of the national speed limit. I am very happy to admit I should have shoulder checked again and I would have probably been able to estimate how fast he was going. I didn't and wrongly assumed others (as the majority of drivers around me were) would slow as the directed to by the repeated warning matrices, reducing the speed, indicating workers in the middle of the road and the lane closures. Also whatever speed he was going at is that an excuse to get out of your car and try to smash your way into someone elses?

Top Bottom