Road rage

Discussion in 'Advocacy and Cycling Safety' started by bozmandb9, 31 Jan 2018.

1. SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey 61: old body, head still feels the same. Moderator

Mod note:

Deleted the 'snowflake' posts and any related to them. Derogatory terms such as this are really not needed in the civilised world of CC. :okay:

Milzy likes this.
  2. I think you are winging it with the hate crime. But if he has damaged your bikes, he has made off after an accident.

Last edited: 3 Feb 2018
    Milzy likes this.
  3. Profpointy

Profpointy Guru

Pedantic, but important point is that it sounded deliberate rather than an accident.

And I'm one of those who generally argue against the newspeak argument decrying use of the word accident

4. RealLeeHimself

RealLeeHimself Just keep peddling, just keep peddling...

I look forward to hearing the result of your visit to the police and what happens next.

5. Its a road traffic accident. Not a road traffic deliberate. The English law terminology is not going to be changed to suit you.

6. Profpointy

Profpointy Guru

I inferred from the op that it was deliberate, ergo, not an accident

7. Difficult to tell. It didnt sound like a deliberate ramming in the description.

8. Milzy

Milzy Veteran

RTI now not RTA

9. davidphilips

davidphilips Über Member

Any news? Police should have had time to apprehend the hateful driver that made of without leaving his details after a collision on the road (an offence on its own) hope this has not put your son of cycling as most drivers would be ashamed of such behaviour.

10. Lozz360

Lozz360 Senior Member

It’s been a week since you posted. Any further developments?

Milzy likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    bozmandb9

bozmandb9 Insert witty title here

Thanks for doing this. Glad I didn't see them. There is a rather nasty side to this site sometimes.

12. OP
    OP
    bozmandb9

Nothing yet Lozz, to be fair, I wasn't expecting quick developments. The PC dealing with it said it would be a week or so before they get the driver in for interview, and also she needs to come and interview my son.

With regard to the 'Ponce' insult, and 'hate crime' side, my view is that cyclists need more protection. We are a minority on the roads, and face daily threats to our lives through the deliberate or careless actions of others, so any way in which I can get Police to take any incident more seriously I will use. Furthermore, I think the use of this term was telling. It shows that the driver has a preconception and dislike for me based on either my choice to cycling, or the way I appear whilst cycling. It is not accurate, or relevant, except to demonstrate his prejudice, and that, in my view, makes the 'crime' worse, than if he was simply taking issue with me over my use of the roads.

Thanks to those who have made constructive comments, and to those who made comments which had to be deleted, I leave you to karma and the puncture fairy.

13. OP
    OP
    bozmandb9

This is as pathetic as it is inaccurate.

Last edited by a moderator: 10 Feb 2018
  14. I am Spartacus

I am Spartacus Über Member

Shockin'
    Out on hi end carbon bikes in this weather.

15. OP
    OP
    bozmandb9

We only have one bike each, they were high end originally, now 7 years old, but still do their job perfectly, and immensely valuable to us! (15 hours per week each).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice