Road Rage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
L

Lizban

Guru
@Magnatom
I don't think they do Mags - I think from being in these situations myself I know how hard it is to actually speak clearly.


@Lizban

I only talk about legal definition because you quoted something from a wiki - unsure which one (wiki doesn't automatically mean wikipedia) - which is edited by anyone.

If you scream it out in exclamation - that isn't road rage, regardless of if you swear or saying "blimey"!

I've not seen a cyclist do any more (mostly less) Than what a driver would do, which is usually following with horn blaring, tail gating and all that fluff - and usually the worst that might have happened in a slightly dented bumper. Whereas cyclist = injury.

As for the lads/lasses that go up to the side of the car - how many of them are swearing at the driver? Try and avoid relying on the tone of voice as shock/being out of breath makes it really hard to get a concise point across.

Ah the old - but car drivers do it too us but only worse line, does this make it acceptable?
 

BSRU

A Human Being
Location
Swindon
I think it was one of your vids that got me thinking - you(?) followed somone to a petrol station?.

But please don't think this thread is a 'go' at you - it definately isn't my intention.

But that vid does not fit in with the definition of road rage you gave.
The only bad thing about that vid was going into a petrol station, not a safe place for someone on two wheels especially on a wet day.
 
OP
OP
L

Lizban

Guru
But that vid does not fit in with the definition of road rage you gave.
The only bad thing about that vid was going into a petrol station, not a safe place for someone on two wheels especially on a wet day.



Please Read my post again - I make no claim that it fits the description


It states that his video got me thinking and that I wasn't having a go, not accusing him of having road rage:rolleyes:
 

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Location
South London
ISTR that you did suggest Magnatom was having a road rage incident in that video. It's good to see you're backing away from that unlikely claim now.
 
OP
OP
L

Lizban

Guru
ISTR that you did suggest Magnatom was having a road rage incident in that video. It's good to see you're backing away from that unlikely claim now.

No backing away as it was never my intention and I think(thought) that I made that clear - if I didn't hopefully it is now.

It was a video of his (I think still not sure it was him) that got me thinking that was all.
 
Ah the old - but car drivers do it too us but only worse line, does this make it acceptable?

I'm not saying it is the same - the point is the danger level is completely different.

And even then I was only talking about the exclamation of/during the incident - rather than a "follow up" (talking to the driver when stopped etc).


Or do you suggest a reaction should be the same if someone buzzes you, compared to if they actually clip you? Because yes - a reaction will increase with the level of (perceived) danger.
 
I think it was one of your vids that got me thinking - you(?) followed somone to a petrol station?.

But please don't think this thread is a 'go' at you - it definately isn't my intention.

No worries. I didn't think you were having a go at me. It's a reasonable question to ask.

I know that my videos are scruitinised and I know that if I ever did anything unlawful and really raged or caused another road user distress, that one of my detractors would contact the police about it. I have no doubt that there are those that would do that. So i have to keep that in mind with every interaction I have and every video I post. So in a sense, having the camera moderates my responses.

Mind you, although I like to confront people for bad behaviour (on and off camera) and I am always pretty restrained anyway. At least I think I am! :smile:
 

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Location
Bristol
Its an interesting point but I think the situation is different. For example I am likely to shout ... most often either Oi! or watch out - its my equivalent of their horn. That doesn't make it road rage if I'm making them aware of my presence - there are a couple of times that its stopped them from making a manoeuvre that could have injured me. In the event of an interaction between their vehicle and mine ... I'm likely to come off worse which does up the anti a bit. That said I don't make gestures at motorists other than shaking my head!!
 

sunnyjim

Guru
Location
Edinburgh
It isn't road rage, IMO, but if it moves from an instant response to bad behaviour( Oi-watchit!/ horn-blowing) to a reasonable 'follow-up interview' to a general telling-off for something which doesn't involve one personally it risks drifting towards vigilante-ism. I'm not sure I like that as a general principle, and I'm not really surprised that some recipients take it very badly. (even if they do make most amusing video).
 
Top Bottom