Road Recumbents vs. Road Bikes Ancient Simple Comparisons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Most people ask 'what's the difference between regular bikes and/or recumbents.' My simple answer between Egyptian Pyramid and Promised Land.

Double triangle road riding is like building pyramid manually in ancient days. As we imagined how torturous to build hundreds of fiber cement to build such a great height.

Whilst recumbent is like we found a milk and honey of laying back to enjoy the scenery with pain-free riding.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Interesting analogy but not sure its entirely correct.

I'm afraid that until someone comes up with a way of disputing this statement: "As we imagined how torturous to build hundreds of fiber cement to build such a great height," it will be difficult to disprove the OP.

S-Express

My simple answer between Egyptian Pyramid and Promised Land

So Moses would have ridden a recumbent - is that what you're saying? He might have made it to the promised land, if he had.

Whilst recumbent is like we found a milk and honey of laying back to enjoy the scenery with pain-free riding.

Until the road starts going up, obviously, at which point all your blood rushes to your head..

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
I've tried a few answers to this question, but as most are met with refute and denial, I'm currently trialling the following,

"Recumbents are much harder to ride, can be quite painful, and they're really slow."

As a line of argument, its best deployed against someone considerably fitter than myself, on a more expensive bike, in better health, and via the left shoulder as I leave them behind. :biggrin:

S-Express

As a line of argument, its best deployed against someone considerably fitter than myself, on a more expensive bike, in better health, and via the left shoulder as I leave them behind. :biggrin:

Except when the road goes up...

Back to the original post.... here is an ancient recumbent trike:

P2041530.jpg

P2041532.jpg

Top Bottom