road shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

following on from t' other thread about pedals...thinking of getting (well, am going to get) some road shoes.
recommendations/ones to steer clear of?
any 'gotchas'? - i.e. if they're comfy, and intended for summer so warm/waterproof not needed, is there any other reasons to pay more?
thinking of having a look in decathlon, wise?
don't all rush at once...

Bonj - Specialized BG Comp
Evans.
Very Comfortable, reasonably priced for a solid soled shoe.

yenrod

Northwave are for the narrow of feet just for the record: well thats what I reckon cause I have some...

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Aperitif said:
Bonj - Specialized BG Comp
Evans.
Very Comfortable, reasonably priced for a solid soled shoe.

no, that's not what I'd call 'reasonably priced', £80 is quite expensive. They do look very nice though.
I'm hoping to spend about half that...
or do i not have a chance of getting much change from a ton?

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Abitrary said:

explain how this

kf%20toe%20clip%20and%20strap.jpg

is going to be either use or ornament?

Abitrary

They haven't shown the straps though!!!

Looking at it again though, that looks like quite a robust clip that won't get manged out of shape... and I'm going to get some.

Abitrary

And looking again, you could use those on your road bike with straps, and they look hardy and rigid enough to use on your MTB without

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Abitrary said:

Looking at it again though, that looks like quite a robust clip that won't get manged out of shape... and I'm going to get some.

Abitrary said:
And looking again, you could use those on your road bike with straps, and they look hardy and rigid enough to use on your MTB without

Ok, I'll put it another way: How does... erm, - what good would ... er, on second thoughts no I wont', I'll just repeat the question. How is that either use or ornament?

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Abitrary said:

Straps-and-Accessories.jpg
???

Abitrary

I've leave the explanation to the hordes of clip users who'll be a along in minute to debunk the myth of expensive clipless pedal 'systems'.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Abitrary said:
I've leave the explanation to the hordes of clip users who'll be a along in minute to debunk the myth of expensive clipless pedal 'systems'.

There won't be. Nobody uses toe clips any more. They're old hat. Everybody in the world uses clipless pedals. THere isn't one single person that doesn't.

bianco

Shimano R061 - £30.56

Shimano R075 - £44.96

I went for the R061's and I suffer from really cold feet and they were't too cold, remember to up 1 size with shimano. Really comfy and super stiff.

Spd-SL R540 - £17.96

These are a bargain IMHO

With SPD-SL's though make sure you tighten the cleat bolt tighter then you think you should as I had a really annoying click on them. Read the review at CRC for the R540 pedals, so it must be a common problem, although I figured out it was the cleats not being tight enough.

The SPD-SL's have the walking pad, the looks I used were terrible for walking and I had serious trouble clipping in.

bianco said:
Shimano R061 - £30.56

Shimano R075 - £44.96

I went for the R061's and I suffer from really cold feet and they were't too cold, remember to up 1 size with shimano. Really comfy and super stiff.

Spd-SL R540 - £17.96

These are a bargain IMHO

With SPD-SL's though make sure you tighten the cleat bolt tighter then you think you should as I had a really annoying click on them. Read the review at CRC for the R540 pedals, so it must be a common problem, although I figured out it was the cleats not being tight enough.

The SPD-SL's have the walking pad, the looks I used were terrible for walking and I had serious trouble clipping in.

I've got Shimano 151L and they look almost identical to the RO75, albeit the 151's have a carbon sole and IME they are a good shoe and like bianco says "Really comfy and super stiff". However I've never used other road shoes to compare them too. I usually take any where between an 81/2 to 9 (around 43 I believe) my Spesh Tahos are 43 but for a really comfortable fit in the Shimanos, when I tried them on I went for 44's. They pedals look a good bargain too.;)

Top Bottom