road shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Decathlon do some of the Shimano shoes as well - handy if you can get them cheaper else where - go in and try on. Their own shoes look good value for the money, and are stiff.

You must try shoes on before buying - don't just order off the web - big mistake.

I can vouch for the spesh shoes (Pro Carbon) - not cheap, but cheaper than the equivalent Sidi offerings.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360028358&N=Specialized Pro Road Shoes

I have these badboys - awesomeness.

Spesh do good well priced shoes, Decathlon are also worth a look too.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

yeah cheers all

i went for the 6620 pedals in the end, as they look nice and wide.
I am not going to order any shoes off the internet, don't want to buy without trying them on, so I am going to go down LBS tomorrow and have a look to see what they've got as from the internet they look like they've got a good selection at reasonable prices.

Aperitif said:
Cheaper here bonj - and they are still good value.
For me anyway.
Jacomus is just 'being bling' :smile::smile:

At first I couldn't tell the difference but it looks like the ones jacomus has got have got the cleat bolt holes directly on the sole whereas the cheaper ones have got them going into a sort of 'inner' section - is that right?
I thought they all had them going directly into the sole and that's what I think I want...

Also do you get walking covers with the shoes, as none seem to have come with the pedals

Abitrary

bonj said:
There won't be. Nobody uses toe clips any more. They're old hat. Everybody in the world uses clipless pedals. THere isn't one single person that doesn't.

That maybe so, but if these people did exist, they would be the sort to let intelligence conquer their vanity.

Your work to expose those who set their saddles artificially high for photographs was exemplary. Please rethink your stance on clipless pedals, if for nothing else than consistency.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Abitrary said:
That maybe so, but if these people did exist, they would be the sort to let intelligence conquer their vanity.
But these people who used to use toe clips DID exist, and they DID let intelligence conquer their vanity, and binned their toe clips when clipless pedals came out.. :smile:

Abitrary said:
Your work to expose those who set their saddles artificially high for photographs was exemplary. Please rethink your stance on clipless pedals, if for nothing else than consistency.

Is this you Abitrary?

284327514_832c540203.jpg

gbb

Legendary Member
bonj said:
But these people who used to use toe clips DID exist, and they DID let intelligence conquer their vanity, and binned their toe clips when clipless pedals came out.. ;)

Is this you Abitrary?

284327514_832c540203.jpg

i snorted and sniggered when i saw that...:blush::biggrin:

Top Bottom