Road Surfaces !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mikey32shaw

Regular
Well only been out for two rides since my purchase and I think I'm already hooked. As a car driver I had never really noticed how poor the road surfaces are, but now I have cycled a few wow there woeful.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Well only been out for two rides since my purchase and I think I'm already hooked. As a car driver I had never really noticed how poor the road surfaces are, but now I have cycled a few wow there woeful.
Yep. Atrocious on many roads around here. It gets to the stage that you can barely take your eyes off the road in front of you to look around because the next time you look back you are about to plunge into a pothole. :angry:

report them - back up with photos where you can and take the time to report them - it does eventually work. honest. I try to report 1 every other day, I doubt I can make much difference but the ones that affect me the most on my bike and all have been dealt with inside my area of Cheshire West & Cheshire, except for 1 which was rejected (not really a hole but more subsidence with the side of a canal bridge collapsing - it was rejected and reported to the correct people for monitoring. http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/. (I will conceed I don't even bother reporting them in East Cheshire though - east cheshire council are horrendous). When "they" have closed a pothole as fixed and it has not been fixed 7 days after closing it, I re-open it and it soon gets resolved.

D

Deleted member 1258

Theres one in Coventry, Beake Ave, I even drive round it when I'm in the car, one of the things I do at the end of winter when the weather starts to improve is to learn where the new potholes are, I do sometimes use fillthathole and report some of them, but most of the time I don't have time to do it.

DaveyM

Über Member
Just keep reporting them, if the Council know about them and do nothing they are negligent...however if they don't know then they are not.
People need to keep reporting potholes because repairing hundreds of potholes is way cheaper than one public liability claim

potsy

Rambler
Glad I read this thread, it's just reminded me to report a sunken drain/grid that I keep having to swerve around on the way home :thumbsup:

Top gear has been filming in my area in wales lately for their next series. Here are some shots of the Stig test driving a unique electric car on some local roads:

LunarRover1.jpg

AS17-147-22526.jpg

Both of these were filmed in the Brecon Beacons on the A470.

On a more serious point, one local road near me literally is as rough as the moon. Saw one bastard today driving along the wrong side of the road near a blind bend just to get around the worst of the potholes. Excessive action to take imo but I have reported 2 of the worst areas via that pothole reporting site about 2 weeks ago, still no sign of work being carried out.

seems to be council dependant. cheshire west & chester are really good over here. Report it and it is usually marked up inside a couple of days and repaired within a week. sometimes I have to chase it, but all have been repaired inside a month except one. the only one I can't get repaired at the moment is on my lane because every mapping software including OS have the lane incorrect and where it is although the lane has been like that for over 20 years and is tarmac and is not private etc, it is not even shown on maps so logging it, they just ignore - annoyingly the new hole (now 2 sizeable crators with no way around except cycling down the wrong side of a single track (and luckily very quiet) lane with no way of crossing back - thick dirt/mud up the middle), the new holes appeared just after 2 others were repaired, so I know it is possible, it is just going to be very difficult and I may have to go to the council directly on it rather than use the ctc...
east cheshire I don't even bother reporting - it will get me nowhere.

Top Bottom