Road Tubeless Tyre Recommend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tmr1980

Currently using Schwalbe tyres but they seem to nick quite easily... Any views/ recommends on his all round reasonably priced tubeless tyres?

I like like Continental 5000TLs for wear and seating/ maintenance. Some folk complain about them being too tight to fit. They are stiff but I fitted them mid chemo when my fingers were weak and numb; and they seat first time with a track pump and keep their pressure. I've found softer tyres are a pain to seat and lose air,

I'm testing TL at the minute and I am using Hutchison Fusion 5, they feel the same as my previous GP4000's (tubed) neither tyre showing any nicks yet ~1000 miles front, ~600 on the rear. Both on Kinlin 26T/RT rims, front went on with just trackpump, rear though needed a blast from a ghetto airblast thingy, I think that tyre was a little distorted from travel and maybe should have had a tube in for a bit to shape it. Haven't needed any air other than to replace hose loses checking the pressure, I haven't calibrated my thumb yet.

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
Currently using Schwalbe tyres but they seem to nick quite easily... Any views/ recommends on his all round reasonably priced tubeless tyres?
Which model of Schwalbe tyre?
I'm running Pro One (Addix) and find them fine; easy to mount and seem to survive any damage. Just fitted Michelin Power Road to my wife's bike replacing Hutchison Fusion 5 which had worn fairly quickly and were noticed to have sealant seeping through a number points on the tread. Using Caffelatex sealant. Have a set of Panaracer GravelKing+ waiting to go on a Kinesis ATR. They are impressively light, but are sitting in the airing cupboard to warm up and reshape after removing them from packaging.

Tubeless tyres quite often have the letters TLR in their description, meaning Tubless Ready.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
How about Vittoria rubino G2.0 TLR?

I‘ve just bought a set but not put them on yet……

Hmm - thank you. Yes, I have a set on my road bike - not tubeless, but great tyres.
This question is for a loaded touring bike, so they probably wouldn't be up to the job, so I'm looking for something rather more robust.
The Mavics that came with the wheels have gone way past their best more quickly than I'd hoped.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Hmm - thank you. Yes, I have a set on my road bike - not tubeless, but great tyres.
This question is for a loaded touring bike, so they probably wouldn't be up to the job, so I'm looking for something rather more robust.
The Mavics that came with the wheels have gone way past their best more quickly than I'd hoped.

Hi Charlie
I'm using Pirelli Cinturato Velo 28s. I spent a while looking for a tubeless tyre that had a bit extra in the puncture resistance department, a kind of Durano Plus of the tubeless world, and this is what I eventually landed on.

No punctures since I've been using them. Probably about 4,000 miles ish.

I've done a bit of touring on them, but not "loaded", more credit card style. Mind you every time I sit on a bike it's "loaded" regardless of the luggage.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Hi Charlie
I'm using Pirelli Cinturato Velo 28s. I spent a while looking for a tubeless tyre that had a bit extra in the puncture resistance department, a kind of Durano Plus of the tubeless world, and this is what I eventually landed on.

No punctures since I've been using them. Probably about 4,000 miles ish.

I've done a bit of touring on them, but not "loaded", more credit card style. Mind you every time I sit on a bike it's "loaded" regardless of the luggage.

Huge thanks, @Dogtrousers .
Invested in a pair of these a few weeks ago.
A total b@5t@rd to fit…
…but that said, since then, I’ve done a FNRttC with some COR and a big tour of the Netherlands last week and not touched a pump.
Roll really nicely, too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom