Roadie v's MTB's Attire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gaz Vickers

What do you Roadies think of Men/Ladies on a Mountain Bike wearing the same go faster gear as yourselves? Do we look silly on our Mountain Bikes in full on Race wear going 15mph? lol

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I think you all look fantastic, its good to see anyone on a bike.

Crosstrailer

Passed a rather portly middle aged gentleman on a MTB the other day, him red faced and chugging uphill with me zooming downhill on a sports hybrid. What made me smile was he was decked out in full movistar team kit

Peteaud

Veteran
Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a sh!t about the rules?

Rules are there to be broken ^_^

I wear the same bib shorts, jerseys, shoes and helmet whether on the mtb or road bike. The only difference is I wear full finger gloves off road and half finger gloves when roadie'ing.

Roadies only give me funny looks when I'm wearing lycra on the mtb and I've just scalped 'em at +20mph. ^_^

I never got on with baggies, they just seem to get caught on the saddle.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
wear what you like and stuff what other people think.

though baggies can be a little wearing on a windy 200km Audax.

Alan57

I wear a rucksack when on my mtb because I prefer to do shopping/carry things on it as it`s more comfortable when i`ve got 35lb on my back. On topic though, I wear whats comfortable and suits the weather as well as the ride. Prefer lycra on my road bike though as it just seems to feel better.

Top Bottom